the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake  Empty
PostSubject: Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake    Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 5:50 am

My first thought upon hearing the news of the rare 5.9 magnitude earthquake in Virginia this week was that it was not a natural occurrence. After all, no one has ever felt or even heard of such a powerful temblor happening in this area in a lifetime. As is usual for my cynical instincts, I hoped that I was wrong. However, several anomalies indicate that something is not normal with the Virginia quake.

First, I spend a lot of time in the "Ring of Fire" zone and have experienced numerous earthquakes. By no means does this make me an expert, nor scientifically qualified to analyze earthquakes. But, as enthusiasts, we looked up every quake we felt over a five-year period -- the size, epicenter location, depth, and so on, to get a general sense of placing how it "felt" relative to the official data.

I can categorically state that, of the dozen or so earthquakes that I've experienced, including a powerful 6.2, all of them started gently, none of them were over 50 miles away, all of them had depths of several kilometers, and the big ones seemed to have multiple aftershocks reported. Again, I say this as an observer, not as a scientist, and I'm only providing this background simply to qualify my immediate skepticism.

Read more....

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/08/6-strange-anomalies-with-virginia.html
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake    Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:45 am

I wonder why they wanted an eq there????
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake    Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:02 am

there's way more going on here than meets the eye these are just a few things that i know of

the ad for this site has been in my face now for a good 6 months or more..curious or predictive?

http://www.readypa.org/
Prepare for a disaster in 3 easy steps

i thought of this as soon as i heard about the earth quake.the earth is being moved in ways theat it has never been before.

Lobotomozing Mountain Mama

Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake  0812-m10

Mountaintop Madness
The Leveling of West Virginia
Pierre Tristam / Daytona Beach news-Journal, August 9, 2009

It’s the July 4 weekend. I’m standing on top of what’s left of Kayford Mountain in the heart of West Virginia, listening to the fabulously named Hoot Gibson. He’s a stocky old miner wearing a Peabody Coal cap and the kind of immovable expression that’s seen everything. He’s describing how the mountain range all around has been disappearing, year after year, blast after blast since the late 1980s as coal mining’s latest stab at devastation — mountaintop removal — obliterates the landscape. Faith doesn’t move mountains here. Dynamite and pliant judges do.

how very strange. scratch .the links didn't show up....ok i will try again to list them

http://pierretristam.com/Bobst/09/c080909.htm

also the poor farmers or older farmers in this area are being subjected to emenent domain and losing their fight agains the poser companies putting these wind turbans up...but you don't see or hear about it in the news..only when in the area and talking to the folks involved and feeling screwed

http://www.mnn.com/local-reports/pennsylvania/local-blog/a-unique-fall-vista-wind-energy-in-appalachia

Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake  Wind2010

Even if wind energy is not a perfect solution, and it's certainly not on its own, it becomes an issue of social and environmental justice when high income communities continue to block the development of wind farms, leaving the burden on economically depressed and politically marginalized communities in Appalachia to supply the nation's energy needs. I don't live under a wind turbine so I won't judge those who do, but personally I find the sight of wind turbines thrilling. And there's absolutely no doubt that I'd rather see a wind turbine out my window than an oil/gas rig or the utterly ruined fragments of a mountaintop.

http://www.virginiaplaces.org/geology/quake.html
Since Virginia is in the relatively-stable inner portion of a plate, Virginia does not experience the large-magnitude earthquakes that affect Los Angeles, Alaska, Haiti, Japan, Chile, or other places that are on a tectonic plate's edge. As noted by the Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals, and Energy:2

Virginia is located near the center of the North American plate and, thus, experiences a much lower rate of seismicity than California. Another difference is that California earthquakes often break the ground surface, while earthquakes in Virginia usually occur on faults at depths of from 3 to 15 miles. Thus, the earthquakes felt in the Commonwealth today generally have no relationship with faults seen at the surface.
North American Plate
Source: USGS World Plate Boundaries Animation

The United States east of the Mississippi has many fewer earthquakes than does the west, and western quakes are stronger. However, the less-intense eastern earthquakes can cause damage further away from their origin. In the east the underlying bedrock is pretty well-connected (like a concrete slab). Waves from eastern earthquakes can travel farther that in the west, where the underlying topography is so chopped-up (like a brick patio) that the energy of a quake is dissipated closer to the epicenter.

Earthquakes in Virginia are rare in the Coastal Plain, but are not restricted to just one region. Two zones in Virginia are more susceptible to earthquakes than others, and can be identified by the rivers which follow those faults. The James River follows the Central Virginia Seismic Zone between Charlottesville and Richmond, while the New River follows the Giles County Seismic Zone from Radford to the West Virginia border.

Virginia is pretty stable, but just about any place in the state can experience an earthquake. Manassas was surprised by a 2.5 magnitude tremor in 1997, and an equivalent earthquake was felt in Culpepertwo months earlier. Near the southern edge of the Culpeper Triassic basin, a magnitude 3.2 earthquake rattled Charlottesville in 2001.

several edits to add links ... sorrysmil
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake    Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:30 pm

not to derail the thread, but i read a book (fiction) a few years back that had virginia being one of the main places in north america where the warlike shape-shifting 'goblins' who live underground, can/will surface when they decide to tak back the surface from us.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake    Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:12 pm

sunny

no derailing here..
Stal
the state is honeycombed with caverns..deep ones..i have been to a few but it's been years and yes they are mostly tourist attractions..but where there is a cave there is always a good story..fiction or non..
and there are of course military things going on..and also the disease place is down there..but i would have to check to see where..cause i don't remember..but i ran an S100 clean room for a research blender developing new products..that's very clean
with air lock suiting up and pass thurs
(A Class 100 cleanroom is designed to never allow more than 100 particles (0.5 microns or larger) per cubic foot of air. Class 1000 and Class 10,000 cleanrooms are designed to limit particles to 1000 and 10,000 respectively. ..
http://www.coastwidelabs.com/Technical%20Articles/Cleaning%20the%20Cleanroom.htm)
the diesase holding place with all the samples..is sooooooo far above that Scientists who work with the virus use fingerprint or retinal scans to get inside, wear a full-body suit including gloves and goggles, and shower with strong disinfectant before leaving the lab and taking off the suit.
it's also mostly underground..now if that stuff got out it would be more than fictional goblins..

you want to do a little tour of some really neat caves..and as far as i know all are owned by groups of private folks called investors..
check these out

http://luraycaverns.com/

http://www.skylinecaverns.com/

this is outside of front roayl and i just couldn't make myself get into the elevator going down..so i wondered around the rock shop and had fun
it's also right outside of front royal, va..which is an old army re-mount place - i was lucky enough to be able to ride out of there, strong military presence and where they still train the combat dogs
and right next door to where all the extra animals for the fed zoo are kept
and there are so many miles of double fenced military places that you would be amazed

http://www.shenandoahcaverns.com/

http://www.senecacaverns.com/

most of the states around virginia have caves..lots of them and not all on the tourest route
most of them are limestone and i would bet money on them connecting and militarily mapped for years

so i guess if if there is a de rail ..i just moved the train a little further lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake    Six Strange Anomalies With The Virginia Earthquake  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1