the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

snow white or the purifier??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

snow white or the purifier?? Empty
PostSubject: snow white or the purifier??   snow white or the purifier?? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:37 am

scratch
as i read this i wondered if this snow white labeled planet that is really red could be the red katchina of the Hopi's ..the purifier I dunno

The Myth of Snow White ~ 21 Aug 2011
Since 2007 we’ve known of the existence of another dwarf planet, bearing a preliminary designation of 2007 OR10, a minor planet number 225088, and the nickname Snow White. The nickname assigned by discovering astronomer, Dr. Mike Brown, had to do with its apparent high reflectivity and brightness, which was similar to that of Haumea. Early on, Brown considered that this body might have been a part of the object that suffered a collision in the Kuiper Belt that produced Haumea, her moons, icy traveling companions and other yet undetermined bodies.

The speculations - the myths if you will - of Snow White have come unraveled by recent discoveries. As with Eris, who initially bore the nickname Xena (and her moon Dysnomia was known as Gabrielle), I was reluctant to delve into the mythology of Snow White’s lore as the official mythic archetype of 225088. Thus, my initial impressions of this planet (I just don’t like selling these powerful Kuiper Belt bodies short by referring to them as dwarf planets) were derived from the position of the body’s node in Pisces and perihelion in Libra aligned with the super-massive black hole constituting the Super-Galactic Center. As well, the perihelion and node degrees of this body form an adjustment-oriented quincunx between them.

Like Brown, discovering astronomer of 225088, reactivated his blogs during the past weeks, announcing new revelations about the body. First, it is twice as bright as they figured during those initial observing nights of less than optimal visibility. Second, it is not white at all. It is red. And it is the reddest object known in the Kuiper Belt. This makes 225088 presumably the fifth largest body in the outer solar system behind Eris, Pluto, Makemake, Haumea and Sedna, a most curious, name-worthy body. As well, it is the largest dwarf planet without a name.

Last evening the third part of Brown’s article posted. This article dealt with theoretical models as to a fading atmosphere, possible chemical composition and what might be the source of 225088's redness. From an astrological model, this was not entirely helpful in defining any key interpretive attributes. And again, it’s all based upon raw data and the early conclusions may not stand up over time.

What does this mean to those seeking support from the planet? Immediately, some groped to retain the Snow White myth, though 225088's naming will eventually erase this lore. Suggestions came to Brown’s blog site. They ranged from considering the red object to be the apple in the Snow White story, or back in the early days of the tale, it was Snow White and the Red Rose. Could 225088 be the rose? I say abandon efforts to make pre-Grimm (fairy tale) lore fit, despite the flutter of Hollywood movies in development, aching to tell the latest rendition of the Snow White story, complete with casting wars drama.

Regardless, this is good news for those invested in the importance of the social, cultural and spiritual implications of the names assigned to heavenly bodies - like astrologers. For those seeking remedies to the ever increasing list of social maladies and complexities, here is another planetary antidote that affects everyone, whether they chose to recognize and integrate the energies or not. But how to interpret the essence of this planet? What will it be called?

Sadly, astronomers are no further along on the naming. Brown’s recent data suggests that it is no longer acceptable for this planet to linger without a good name. In an e-mail exchange with Dr. Brown during these last days, he admitted that as of yet, they had not even begun to think of a name.

Immediately, I wanted to offer suggestions - but I thought of none. Personally, I’d like to see a mythology from an alternate culture again as was the case with Makemake, Sedna, Haumea and others. But based upon the information I possess, I felt ill-equipped to make a suggestion. Having submitted names (and had them accepted) for the centaurs, Elatus and Thereus, I know of the justification process one must go through to argue for the name submitted. I had no statements to support any of my “I wish this name were in the heavens” favorite names. Like all astrologers, I’ll sit back and wait for the discovering astronomer, who despite our differing views of Pluto, I admire and enjoy. After all, as discoverer, it is his right to submit a name for the body. He’s on it now. I’m sure something will come forth soon. And I’ll keep sending check-in e-mails to try and get a heads up or tip off, which of course, I’ll pass along.

In the meantime, we can review the implications of the nodal placement and degree of the perihelion of 225088.

The Pisces node suggests compassion and forgiveness. Having watched this idea in action for as long as I’ve known of this body, I’m now convinced this is an internal matter, personally applied to one’s own psyche and soul. Render understanding to your nature and ways, working to ease internally applied justifications. While the economy is so bad, it might be a good time to fire any inner critics, internal nasty editors or judges who badger from the stage wings of consciousness.

The perihelion degree of 225088 stands very close to the super-massive black hole complex that is the center of the Super-Galaxy. This amazing range of degrees lies in early Libra (and late Virgo) and offers up a key theme of deference. While Libra typically can be assigned the “do unto others” and “play nice in the sandbox,” axioms, which work quite nicely with this region of space, the “consider others before yourself” part of Libra, needs some touch up work. Be nice and considerate, yes. But the true deference implied in this point is that of deferring to the needs of your soul such that none of your spirit-based lines in the sand become compromised.

Years ago when negotiating for an online writing gig, the paying party’s lawyer asked me something to the effect of, “What’s the least amount of money and benefit conditions you can accept for this gig so that you won’t end up feeling compromised and hating the job later?” It was a great question. It is a question that roots in the core of the Super-Galactic Center, and as we now know, stands supported by our unnamed dwarf planet, 225088. Defer to your soul. Negotiate, but not to the point of losing dignity, self-respect and soulful integrity.

The quincunx angle between the node and perihelion strengthens the importance of soulful self-preservation. The aspect promotes high standards in personal interactions. Have no illusions of your relationship with others. You know, personally embellished skews such as: If Spielberg would only read my script, he’d love it!; I don’t need to submit a thesis, that silly university should know I’m going to win a Nobel Prize; I’ve never hit against a major league pitcher, but I know I can. On the other side, do not sell yourself short. Know your assets and attributes, largely by firing those inner voices, and representing yourself and what you have to offer clearly, professionally and without the demand or expectation that you be recognized. When finalizing agreements, ensure the benefits you receive stand in direct proportion to your output and dignify your presence and participation.

Presently, 225088 engages in a long conjunction cycle with Chiron in Pisces and an opposition with the Etruscan Pluto and keeper of oaths, Orcus, in Virgo. In the interest of well-being and ongoing personal healing and soulful betterment, make promises to yourself you can keep.

In the next days, transits of planets in Virgo, opposing 225088 should highlight the long term these influences should we look. Consider:

Within the next day and a half, Venus opposes 225088. This could be a mini-mother lode of self-affirmation and self reclamation. Rediscover your talents, attributes and resources. Both Venus and 225088 are bright and shiny. Break out the Never-Dull and polish up your potential and promise. As you go forth, let yourself shine.

On Wednesday (depending upon where in the world you are) the Sun opposes 225088. The efforts and exertions made within the next couple of days just might receive the kind of feedback you’ve been wanting, especially when presented with solar brilliance and flair - not to be confused with eruptive solar flares.

On September 9th, Mercury comes back to oppose 225088. Should you be reluctant to venture forth verbally with Mercury retrograde, this would be your chance to state recent realizations, renewed personal affirmations and discoveries of valuable minerals in between those internal stalactites and stalagmites located in Soulful Caverns.

Finishing the personal planet parade to 225088, Mars opposes the new planet on November 13th. His position will be: enough talk, enough affirmation, enough chanting, way too much tweeting and blogging. Do something to apply 225088.

This planet runs in an orbital period similar to that of exclusion sensitive Eris (549.51 years). Perhaps, if feeling left out, shunned or cut out, 225088 prints a boarding pass permitting entry or re-entry into previously inaccessible realms. Since the orbital period ranges longer than that of Pluto, the namesake should be one of creation, emergence from the underworld or resurrection. Hopefully, soon, we’ll have the namesake to support the undefinable latent spiritual surges presently stirring.

In other Kuiper Belt news, those with an ear to the astronomical ground might have seen the buzz in the past week that three new Kuiper Belt objects have been found, one possibly as large as 250 miles in diameter. It’s true, but it’s not clear to me that the initial data suggests another dwarf planet in the batch. I’ve seen no data as of yet, but when I do, more will follow.

You know, if the times are more than challenging or confusing, or if you’re wanting to include dwarf planet transformation in life, perhaps it’s time to weave the important influences of those dwarf planets into your horoscope with a consultation.

Maybe a life antidote stands at the ready. Or maybe it’s time for the Galactic Trilogy CD. Certainly, you’ll be needing the DVD with the presentations on Haumea and The Consciousness of the Solar System.

New DVD lectures
Order Solar Fire 8!
Quick Answers to Questions, Consultations, One Stop Shopping

Shop in My Store . Galactic Report . Galactic Trilogy CD for Dwarf Planets, Galactic Center, Black Holes and More!! . Need an Inspiring Consult?

To visit my Screenwriting only website: www.philipcsedgwick.com
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: snow white or the purifier??   snow white or the purifier?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 8:31 am

Sleep

Remote Dwarf Planet Covered In Ice, Possibly Methane
August 24, 2011

Scientists at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) have discovered that a dwarf planet at the edge of the solar system, dubbed 2007 OR10, is an icy world with about half its surface covered in water ice that once flowed from ancient, slush-producing volcanoes.

The red-tinged planet, nicknamed Snow White, may also be covered in a thin layer of methane, the last remnant of an atmosphere slowly being dissipated into space, astronomers said.

“You get to see this nice picture of what once was an active little world with water volcanoes and an atmosphere, and it’s now just frozen, dead, with an atmosphere that’s slowly slipping away,” said lead author Mike Brown, professor of planetary astronomy at Caltech.

Snow White was discovered in 2007 as part of the PhD thesis of Brown’s former graduate student, Meg Schwamb. The planet orbits the sun at the edge of the solar system, and is about half the size of Pluto, making it the fifth largest dwarf planet.

At the time, Brown had incorrectly guessed the planet was an icy body that had broken off from another dwarf planet named Haumea. This led him to nickname the planet “Snow White”. However, follow-up observations soon revealed that the planet is actually one of the reddest objects in the solar system.

A few other dwarf planets at the edge of the solar system are also red, and are part of a larger group of icy bodies known as Kuiper Belt Objects (KBOs). As far as the researchers could tell, Snow White, though relatively large, was unremarkable—just one out of more than 400 potential dwarf planets that are among hundreds of thousands of KBOs.

“With all of the dwarf planets that are this big, there’s something interesting about them—they always tell us something,” Brown said.

“This one frustrated us for years because we didn’t know what it was telling us.”

At that time, the Near Infrared Camera (NIRC) at the Keck Observatory was the best instrument astronomers had to study KBOs, said Brown. However, NIRC had just been retired, so no one could observe 2007 OR10 in detail.

“It kind of languished,” Brown said.

Meanwhile, Adam Burgasser, a former graduate student of Brown’s and now a professor at University of California, San Diego, was helping to design a new instrument called the Folded-port Infrared Echellette (FIRE).

Last fall, Brown and colleagues used this instrument with the Magellan Baade Telescope in Chile to take a closer look at 2007 OR10.

As expected, Snow White turned out to be red.

However, surprisingly, the spectrum revealed that the planet’s surface was also covered in water ice.

“That was a big shock,” said Brown.

“Water ice is not red.”

Ice is common in the outer solar system, but is almost always white.

There is, however, one other dwarf planet that’s both red and covered with water ice: Quaoar, which Brown helped discover in 2002.

Slightly smaller than Snow White, Quaoar is still large enough to have had an atmosphere and a surface covered with volcanoes that spewed an icy slush, which then froze solid as it flowed over the surface.

But because Quaoar isn’t as big as dwarf planets like Pluto or Eris, it could not hold onto volatile compounds like methane, carbon monoxide, or nitrogen as long.

A couple of billion years after Quaoar formed, it began to lose its atmosphere to space, leaving only some methane behind. Over time, exposure to the radiation from space turned that methane—which consists of a carbon atom bonded to four hydrogen atoms—into long hydrocarbon chains, which appear red.

Like the frost that covers a lawn on a cold morning, the irradiated methane sits on Quaoar’s icy surface, giving it a reddish hue.

The spectrum of 2007 OR10 looks similar to Quaoar’s, suggesting that what happened on Quaoar also happened on 2007 OR10.

“That combination—red and water—says to me, ‘methane,’” Brown explained.

“We’re basically looking at the last gasp of Snow White. For four and a half billion years, Snow White has been sitting out there, slowly losing its atmosphere, and now there’s just a little bit left.”

Although Snow White’s spectrum clearly shows the presence of water ice, the evidence for methane is not yet definitive, Brown said.

To find out for sure, astronomers will have to use a large, powerful telescope like the one at the Keck Observatory. If it turns out that Snow White does indeed have methane, it will join Quaoar as one of only two dwarf planets that straddle the border between the handful of objects large enough to hold onto volatile compounds, and the smaller bodies that make up the vast majority of KBOs.

Another task is to give the dwarf planet an official name, since “Snow White” was just a nickname he and his colleagues used, said Brown.

Furthermore, the moniker no longer makes sense for describing this very red object.

Prior to the discovery of water ice and the possibility of methane, “2007 OR10″ might have sufficed for the astronomy community, since it didn’t seem noteworthy enough to warrant an official name.

“We didn’t know Snow White was interesting,” Brown said.

“Now we know it’s worth studying.”

The research is published in the Astrophysical Journal Letters.

snow white or the purifier?? Space-10
Image Caption: An artist’s conception of 2007 OR10, nicknamed Snow White. Astronomers suspect that its rosy color is due to the presence of irradiated methane. Credit: NASA
http://www.redorbit.com/news/space/2600536/remote-dwarf-planet-covered-in-ice-possibly-methane

http://www.philipsedgwick.com/Centaur_TNO/KuiperKeywords.htm

http://www.mikebrownsplanets.com/2011/08/redemption-of-snow-white-part-1.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Neptunian_object
Sleep
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: snow white or the purifier??   snow white or the purifier?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:51 am

Snow White and the seven DWARFS........hmmmmmmmm scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: snow white or the purifier??   snow white or the purifier?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

snow white or the purifier??
Page 1 of 1