the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Earthquake Shakes St. Louis

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Earthquake Shakes St. Louis Empty
PostSubject: Earthquake Shakes St. Louis   Earthquake Shakes St. Louis Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 am

by Becky Kellogg , on Jun 7, 2011 6:05 am ET

A minor earthquake rocked the St. Louis, Missouri area overnight. Some Missouri residents said they felt their home shaking for 5 to 30 seconds.

There are no reports of damage or injuries. The epicenter of the quake, which had a 4.2 magnitude, was roughly thirty minutes southwest of St. Louis.

Earthquake Shakes St. Louis Quake-10
Location of the Missouri Earthquake

A website that tracks earthquake, earthquake-report.com, posted some comments from users who reported feeling their homes and furniture shake:

"Chesterfield Missouri (IV MMI) : My dog was acting VERY weird for a good five minutes before We felt the noticeable amount of shaking. Very scary. The dog is still acting the same way, seems like she’s actually getting worse. Very antsy and nervous. Shaking a lot. Our home seems to be okay, but the dogs are going crazy!"

"Columbia Missouri : My bed trembled. I (am) about 120 miles northwest of Sullivan, MO."

"Jefferson City, Missouri : Felt the whole house and all the furniture shake here in Jefferson city!"

The quake was reportedly felt as far away as Illinois.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/st-louis-quake_2011-06-07

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake Shakes St. Louis   Earthquake Shakes St. Louis Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:49 am

Earthquakes in the New Madrid area can cause so much more damage because the rock underneath is very inelastic. It does not absorb the energy like the San Andreas area for example.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake Shakes St. Louis   Earthquake Shakes St. Louis Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:26 am

As Mic said, the New Madrid fault is most unstable. The last big one on this fault caused the Mississippi river to run backwards. I am not too far from this fault, I hope I don't feel the ground shaking anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake Shakes St. Louis   Earthquake Shakes St. Louis Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:31 am

Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
RuffleTheTeacher
RuffleTheTeacher

Number of posts : 121
Humor : sick, twisted, vulgar, gallows, ironic... Life=Art/Art=Life
Registration date : 2011-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake Shakes St. Louis   Earthquake Shakes St. Louis Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Quote :
I hope I don't feel the ground shaking anytime soon.

If The Bootheel of Missouri had a M9+ quake, Kansas City would likely feel about M5.

I'm starting a retro fit on my home. It's not IF, but when!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RuffleTheTeacher
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earthquake Shakes St. Louis   Earthquake Shakes St. Louis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1