the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are the best investments in the times of crisis?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

What are the best investments in the times of crisis? Empty
PostSubject: What are the best investments in the times of crisis?   What are the best investments in the times of crisis? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:04 am

http://www.stansberryresearch.com/pro/1011PSIENDVD/PPSILC07/PR

The above link is very interesting (a little long mind you), but in it the author talks about the best strategies in the event the US economy goes down the tubes.

Of course like others he is trying to get subscribers to his newletters, so keeps you hanging on the punch lines.

One thing he talks about is the best investment over the last 100 years, and one that just keeps on going up in value. Any guesses on what that is.

It is not stocks/gold/silver.
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What are the best investments in the times of crisis?   What are the best investments in the times of crisis? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:51 pm

seeds and water
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What are the best investments in the times of crisis?   What are the best investments in the times of crisis? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:45 pm

rainbow heart
well we all have a our own ideas..
i read this earlier and not sure if i should laugh or not
i guess the good part is it has more than just a few thinking about it

Celebrity Ashton Kutcher Prepares for Armageddon -- By Working Out
Ashton Kutcher is in hard training for the apocalypse, but this no big screen role: he's afraid that armageddon is coming.

Speaking to Men's Fitness, Kutcher predicts that the "end of days" is on its way, and he wants to be prepared for the inevitable madness. He told the magazine (quotes via JustJared):

"It won't take very much, I'm telling you. It will not take much for people to hit the panic button. The amount of convenience that people rely on based on electricity alone. You start taking out electricity and satellites, and people are going to lose their noodle. People don't have maps anymore. People use their iPhones or GPS systems, so if there's no electricity, nobody has maps."
And then what? The way Kutcher sees it, all chaos breaks.

"And people are going to go, 'That land's not yours, prove that it's yours,' and the only thing you have to prove it's yours is on an electric file. Then it's like, 'What's the value of currency, and whose food is whose?' People's alarm systems at their homes will no longer work. Neither will our heating, our garbage disposals, hot-water heaters that run on gas but depend on electricity - what happens when all our modern conveniences fail? I'm going to be ready to take myself and my family to a safe place where they don't have to worry."
So what's a soothsaying star supposed to do when he sees the end of the world? Kutcher is stocking up on guns and spending hours and hours running the canyons near his home, pushed on by visions of being chased by wild boar. He's also taking daily bikram yoga sessions, and learning Krav Maga, a deadly Israeli combat technique taught to high-powered special ops.

"All of my physical fitness regimen is completely tailored around the end of day. I stay fit for no other reason than to save the people I care about."

Sounds like his toughest role yet.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/29/ashton-kutcher-in-mens-fitness-preparing-for-armageddon_n_802210.html

I dunno
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: What are the best investments in the times of crisis?   What are the best investments in the times of crisis? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:26 pm

Well in his presentation, he was saying that farmland has been the best investment well outperforming any other asset.

Now I do agree with NB and also matches(lighters) and toilet paper are good things to have on hand. (so to speak)
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: What are the best investments in the times of crisis?   What are the best investments in the times of crisis? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:28 pm

@Sky, is this why Ashton and Demi are having problems lately?

It must be right that they are having problems because I saw it on the cover of one of those magazines at the check out isle at the grocery store! lol
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What are the best investments in the times of crisis?   What are the best investments in the times of crisis? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 4:43 pm

cheers

lol..wow Mic..great source for good info.. lol! ..i only look at the soap opera ones.. lol!

personally i've been saving soap and candles for years cause i never could make the stuff..lol
so i guess it just depends what is personally important

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the best investments in the times of crisis?   What are the best investments in the times of crisis? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are the best investments in the times of crisis?
Page 1 of 1