the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........

Go down 
+2
Reunite
Biggles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Empty
PostSubject: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:18 pm

A sharp eyed guy finds a woman using a cell phone in an early 20's Charlie Chaplin film............?

Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Ok I also clicked on the youtube link and everyone was agreeing with an assessment by this 'SonnySideInc' Took a while but I found his comment.

Quote :
the most likely answer is that the "woman" has just left the dentist where she had a tooth pulled or some other procedure on her jaw/teeth. She could be holding a thin slab of dry ice/regular ice wrapped in cloth or a chilled piece of wrapped metal to reduce swelling and provide some comfort from the pain. She is not talking but merely moving her jaw in an attempt again to soothe the pain by working the cold into the affected area of her jaw.

Seems reasonable, without any cell phone towers or network how could you make a call?
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:07 pm

You know I didn't even think of that one R, didn't even cross my mind.

I can't believe that that guy who made the vid didn't pick up on this as well. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:12 pm

The close-up and slow mo still looks to me that she is talking on a cell phone.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:24 pm

What about the cell towers then Mic; do you think maybe they had some sort of device she could use like that; I suppose if she was time travelling they could. It is one to ponder for sure......
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:55 pm

lol!

well believe it or don't this was on the news tonight..they said it was a hearing device...

i agree with the guy in the vid that it looks like a man in drag..especially the face as he turns towards the camera at the end..
so i started to see if i could find a picture of hearing aid/devices of 1920..i have found several mentions that they were the first
'transitor' aids....
anyway i am still loking bu found this really cool sight with old captioned pics..the list says 1900 to 1030
check out this pic
Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Listen10

is that a guy or girl??? and the technology is way ahead of when i thought it came about
seems to me we jst aren't as advanced as we think we are.. rockin

here's the sight
http://www.old-picture.com/american-history-1900-1930s-index-005.htm
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:20 pm

Okay I had a close look at this and I shall throw my thoughts out.

He/she looks like they have a glove on their hand, their steps seem pretty strident for an old woman? mmmmh.

It does not necessarily have to be a time traveller from our era, it could be someone from somewhere else........................an hypothesis to think about.

If you exclude the idea that she is an old nutter yabbering away; the only old nutters I have seen yabbering away are usually talking to themselves not with something to their ear.

I get the feeling that whoever they are they are talking on a device but that's just mho.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:31 pm

affraid

while looking for more pics of hearing devices of that era i was having fun at the old pictures site

check this out.......who does it look like to you guys??

Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Washin10

link...http://www.old-picture.com/american-history-1900-1930s-index-006.htm

the name under the pic is

v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v

Booker T. Washington

wave
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:39 pm

6 degrees of separation, maybe an old descendant once removed of Obama maybe.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:12 pm

booker t lol

does he still wrestle in the wwe?
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 7:40 am

no, but he plays with the MG's ........

Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........   Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time traveller found in old Charlie Chaplin film........
Page 1 of 1