the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discovering higher self contact

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Discovering higher self contact Empty
PostSubject: Discovering higher self contact   Discovering higher self contact Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:33 am

My understanding of the higher-self is based on the model I read in the Law Of One. This posits that your higher self is simply you, gifted back to your current self, by a future version of you at around your future mid-sixth density point of evolution. Consequently your higher-self is aware of everything you need to know.

In my own case, contact with my higher-self comes in glimpses, instant moments - there are no long drawn out conversations, but sometimes a detailed thought or complex idea can be the result of such contact with takes many moments of real time for me to synthesize and integrate into my waking conscious.

I first became aware of the nature of this contact in quite a funny way.

I use to write computer programs for a living (these days I simply do paper pushing, management, design the architecture and frameworks of solutions and younger cleverer faster people do the implementation) . One day I realized that when working on a complex problem I would put off taking bathroom breaks. Eventually of course one is forced to yield to natures call - so off I would go to the bathroom. I noticed that very often I would come back inspired with the solution to the problem.

I was not mediating at that stage of my life, but I did start to consider the reason why the pattern of inspiration happened the way it did and about why it was that I always got the inspiration in what I had started to call the "thinking room". It got so if I needed "help" I would wander off and take a bathroom break - often the results were positive.

After a few months after this I had put two and two together and figured out what the catalyst for contact was.

I am sorry for the graphic here - but you will know that when you set about commencing the process of urinating, there is a state of mind which is "letting go", thought stops and you are going through a disciplined and learned process of - well - going. For me there is a moment of looking inward, conscious control of the body - then a gap - and in that gap is where I am sure, the potential for contact was made.

It occurs to me as I write this, that as a male you would find yourself staring at a blank tiled wall - even more perfect conditions!

So I suddenly realised that it was in this state my higher self contact was being made. Over the years I started meditating, and I think this inner realisation had given me a bit of a head start because I had the remembrance of the mental state that I needed to attain in order to precipitate contact.

These days I know find I can ask questions of my higher self, and catch the instant response which is delivered in my voice - usually "yes/no".

More recently I have found that I have had complete ideas which have helped me help other people, or even write some of my better forum posts.

So there you have it. A bit strange, but whatever works...
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Discovering higher self contact   Discovering higher self contact Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 am

I can understand that AJ, as your more or less not worrying about anything pertinent while having a bathroom break, so yes I know when you let your conscious mind go, free of any problem, your higher self is able to contact you a lot better. sunny
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Discovering higher self contact   Discovering higher self contact Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks for starting this thread because it's an area I like to explore. I've had this thought/voice communicate to me on rare occasions of a scenario that's about to happen and it comes true, now how do you know if it's your higher self or spirit guide?
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Discovering higher self contact   Discovering higher self contact Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Reunite wrote:
now how do you know if it's your higher self or spirit guide?

Hi,

That is simple, I asked it!

I don't think I have a "spirit" guide as such - however, lets review what I think I have:

1) Higher self -definately sure

2) A couple of standard issue angels (we all have these, its a perk of the job) - no direct experience of this but I am personally certain that this is true.

3) A teacher, who, I am told is waiting patiently for me to catch up to where I was before so he can start teaching me again. This information was given to me by a medium in our family (via a spontaneous trance channeling) who as now passed on. That is the only medium I have been in contact with and the only session. I was told things that only I know as proof.

4) Me, myself and I.

5) An audience! This is not unique to me, we all are being observed by countless number of higher entities, cheering us on and encouraging us where possible and withing the constraints of non-infringement of freewill.

- lets take it from there and see where we go with this.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Discovering higher self contact   Discovering higher self contact Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Well let the show begin! Oh wait it's already started.

As you stated I think the key is to 'ask'
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Discovering higher self contact   Discovering higher self contact Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:07 pm

And listen
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Discovering higher self contact   Discovering higher self contact Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:31 pm

Good points and I agree with John about asking it's the only way you get information usually and sometimes not even then. I do believe we have to be ready to listen though.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Discovering higher self contact   Discovering higher self contact Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 10:23 am

Great thread. Well said Anchor. That connection to higher self is awesome. ReuniteR I was shown a long time ago when first seeking how important listening is.

It seems a minor thing, just to listen, but if you can perfect it within your self, you will be able to hear people tell you their problems during ordinary conversations. You will hear people tell you their fears just in everyday conversations.

After I learned this technique I used the ability to pray for the things I heard people saying to me. People will always tell you things important in their lives if we can learn to Hear and Listen.

Your insight to listening is awesome, and can be highly developed to help others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discovering higher self contact   Discovering higher self contact Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discovering higher self contact
Page 1 of 1