the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Creepy Crawlies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Creepy Crawlies Empty
PostSubject: Creepy Crawlies   Creepy Crawlies Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 5:56 pm

affraid Looks like something out of a B grade horror movie. Click on link to see more of the weird and wonderful in the gallery.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/picture-galleries/7924099/Creepy-crawlies-Amazing-Scanning-Electron-Microscope-pictures-of-insects-and-spiders.html

Creepy crawlies: Amazing Scanning Electron Microscope pictures of insects and spiders

Creepy Crawlies Bluebo10

"A coloured scanning electron micrograph (SEM) of the head of a maggot or the larva of a bluebottle fly (Protophormia sp.) with tiny teeth-like fangs extending from its mouth. The maggots of this fly are used medicinally to clean wounds. The maggots are sterilised and placed in the wound, where they feed on dead tissue and leave healthy tissue untouched. Their saliva contains anti- bacterial chemicals which maintain sterility in the area. Maggots are used on ulcers and deep wounds away from organs or body cavities, most often being used to treat diabetic ulcers on the feet"
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Creepy Crawlies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creepy Crawlies   Creepy Crawlies Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:45 pm

now imagine a world inhabited by these, only they're
six feet tall

(i want my mommy)
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com

Creepy Crawlies
Page 1 of 1