the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Louise

Number of posts : 606
Humor : Yes!
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email?   Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:49 am

Yesterday afternoon my email at work went wonky and I was unable to access. It's still down now-a page comes up that they are working on the problem. I also noticed at home I lost connection. Different computers, different locations, different cable companys ~~ I can access internet ok and my regular email---just seems strange scratch
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email?   Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:59 am

Probably the Internet Czar making providers install software.
`
Back to top Go down
Louise

Number of posts : 606
Humor : Yes!
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email?   Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:26 am

just saw this re cablevision--huge email outage!
UPDATE **CABLEVISION STATEMENT **
Cablevision is experiencing technical issues that have resulted in email delays and email access issues for some customers. We have located the problem and expect to resolve the matter as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience to our customers, and we will update this announcement as more information becomes available.

Update 7/16/2010 11:10AM – Now News 12 Long Island is reporting: Cablevision has confirmed that there is a slowdown with the Optimum Online e-mail service that is affecting an unknown number of customers. Some subscribers tell News 12 Long Island that instead of a slowdown, they are experiencing a total outage. The company is expected to release more information later this morning. Cablevision is the parent company of News 12 Networks.

Update 7/16/2010 10:45AM – News 12 Long Island is reporting: Cablevision has confirmed that there is a slowdown with the Optimum Online e-mail service. The company is expected to release more information later this morning. Cablevision is the parent company of News 12 Networks.

Please Note: Cablevision owns Newsday and News 12 networks, as well as various other media properties. They are reporting a slowdown. It’s an OUTAGE 100%. Not a slowdown.

UPDATE 7/16/2010 10:00AM – Now approaching 24-Hours and the email is still down for Optonline subscribers. There is no official word from Cablevision as to the reason or when a fix will be implemented. Some are claiming that emails are sporadic and I can attest to the fact that some emails are indeed getting through on my mobile phone. But they are few and far between.

Customers are OUTRAGED over the lack of communication and support from Cablevision.

More updates as they become available.

Over at the DSLReports forums customers are discussing the outage in this post. One poster commented, “Just passed the 12 hour mark down with a brief few minutes at 4:45 where I got a couple of emails. BTW I’m now seeing another issue with the server which is DNS related.”

Other posters are frustrated over the lack of information, “I keep trying to call cablevision and all I get is a busy signal”.

The issue started early yesterday and continues with millions of Cablevision customers are still viewing the error above when trying to log into the webmail interface.

Accessing email seems down network wide with reports and complaints of outages across the service area. This is a major network outage for the Northeast.

Cablevision Systems Corporation is an American cable television company. It is the 5th largest cable provider in the USA, with most customers residing in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and parts of Pennsylvania.Cablevision also offers high-speed Internet connections (Optimum Online), as well as digital cable (iO), and VoIP phone service (Optimum Voice) through its Optimum brand name.

On June 13, 2010, Cablevision announced that it would acquire Bresnan Communications for $1.37 billion. Bresnan provides service to about 308,000 cable subscribers in Colorado, Montana, Utah, and Wyoming. This would be the first time in a decade that Cablevision has owned systems outside of the New York area.

Customers aren’t able to access email in any manner. Most subscribers are receiving a message in their email programs that the password is incorrect.

It appears that this is a database issue. No word from the company on either the support site or over the phone. After trying to contact support I was disconnected twice, after a pre-recorded message explaining that the wait time is higher than normal. After the message the call disconnects.

Are you experiencing the outage? Speak out below.

Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email?   Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:06 pm

No I have DSL and it's working fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email?   Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with tech/internet/email?
Page 1 of 1