the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Empty
PostSubject: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:18 am

I listened to this on C2C the other night. I found it very interesting. This is a summary of the discussion.

Constitutional attorney Jonathan Emord, who has defeated the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) seven times in federal court, discussed how the government is complicit with the drug industry in exploiting the public. America is no longer a constitutional republic but governed by a "bureaucratic oligarchy," he declared. The FDA is inherently biased and in favor of the pharmaceutical industry with a mission to approve as many drugs as it can, regardless of whether they are safe or needed-- this according to the FDA's own drug safety researcher David Graham, Emord noted.

The most pressing problem about the FDA is that they are "unaccountable to the courts, Congress, and the American people," and operate as a dictatorship, serving the self-interest of the individuals in charge of it, said Emord. The FDA also actively censors health information regarding nutrients, foods, and supplements, such as when cherry tree farmers were told they would be prosecuted if they claimed that cherries had anti-inflammatory properties, even though university studies had found that to be true, he detailed.

The situation in Europe is a "disaster," with the impending removal of hundreds of supplements, vitamins, and herbs, which are now considered unsafe unless proven otherwise, Emord reported. In America, "I've recommended we pass a bill that I wrote for Congressman Ron Paul that eliminates the FDA's ability to impose prior restraints on health information," but still leaving it possible to prosecute in cases where the government finds fraud, Emord stated. He added that we also need to take away the FDA's drug approval power, and use a blind/unbiased process with university testing, in which the drug company's name is removed from the application.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2010/07/01

The biggest thing for me was the confirmation, that this suppression of truth is going on in so many areas, not just in pharmicutical industry. When the lobbyists out number the congressmen (women) 3 to 1 you know who is going to win.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:23 am

Here is an example.

If the cranberry growers of the US decided to put a label on the container saying that cranberry juice is good for kidney and urinary diseases, the FDA would charge them because it cannot be 100% proven that this is fact.

However they would allow a drug company to sell a pill that may have dire side effects.

wtf

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:42 am

I heard this too mic. It was a good show although I have heard it all before just as I am sure you have as well.

Restrictions on Cranberries, no restrictions on poison...... wtf

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:55 am

It's soo unbelievable isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:58 am

Yes lightning it is.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 am

Anyone who has not educated themselves on the properties of the bounty of mother earth should do so before they ban all the information. I know speaking for myself that diet is very important in healing and avoiding many conditions.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:04 am

well said light person......LOL
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 am

micjer wrote:
Here is an example.

If the cranberry growers of the US decided to put a label on the container saying that cranberry juice is good for kidney and urinary diseases, the FDA would charge them because it cannot be 100% proven that this is fact.

However they would allow a drug company to sell a pill that may have dire side effects.

wtf

That is a huge WTF Mic!

The public have been told through MSM that Cranberry aids in healing/aiding the urinary tract, so much in-fact that when I had a Litre bottle(1000ml) of Cranberry juice at work a few years ago, I had two to three colleagues ask me if I was suffering urinary problems. These people would not say that unless it was known in the MSM that cranberry was a potent little fruit, heck I wouldn't even had known about it LOL

The FDA really do stand up to their Corp Acronym...Fucking Dickhead's Anonymous. (heck they are not even that Anonymous come to think about it and all the well researched articles of pricks that sniff easy cash from Monsanto and the Tax payer)

I drank the Cranberry juice which was not the real deal because it tastes great, and I would love to try the real deal fresh from a farm sunny (making do LOL)

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:03 am

There is a lot of BS that goes on with the FDA. If one of the heads of the FDA gets into trouble, one of the big corportations will hire them with lofty salaries.

Here is an interesting story...

Greg Caton was a victim of “Operation Cure.All,” an initiative begun in 2001 by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission. A press release on the FTC’s web site says, “FTC, FDA and other law enforcement agencies move to stop Internet scams for supplements and other products that purport to cure cancer, HIV/AIDS and countless other life-threatening diseases.” Unfortunately, the FDA has used this as an excuse to shut down businesses and arrest people whose products, though not recognized by conventional medicine, actually work—and are inexpensive and have few, if any, side effects.

At the time of the raid, Greg Caton, an herbalist and inventor, was founder and president of three companies. One, Lumen Foods, made soyfood products. Another, Preservx, made a food preservative Caton invented and patented that can be used in much smaller quantities than other preservatives. The third, Alpha Omega Labs, sold what the FDA and conventional medicine call “unproven” remedies for cancer and other health problems.

Many of these remedies Caton and his wife, Cathryn, a naturopathic doctor, had developed, some based on old formulas registered with the U.S. Patent Office. His web site, www.altcancer.com, contains extensive information and advice on dealing with cancer and other illnesses. The site says, “our primary focus is on ‘plant medicines’ that are proven to meet three criteria: (1) They must work, (2) They must be safe, and (3) They must be sufficiently inexpensive so that the average worker can afford the product(s) without distress.” He offered a money-back guarantee on everything he sold.

con't

http://www.goodhealthinfo.net/cancer/fda_panacea.htm
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:05 am

I have come to the same conclusions many years ago and for the last two to three years have posted on many forums about this, with little interest from members sadly. I said my piece and I remain suspicious of everything they do.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:12 pm

Great article Mic :)

Coming from a farming background, and taking more interest regarding Farming in general since I have total desire to back on the land at some point its amazing to note viewing in Australia how influential visiting delegates are from the US paving the way for greater GM spread which only serves Corporate interests.

I read about farmers running huge acreage that are all for it now and sit back a think WTF, at least in Europe there is enough backlash to halt it on the public level.

---

Industrial Hemp was a plantation I looked into for the farm as a means to provide for two family's, but the restrictions were silly.

---

Hemp related but of the other kind. I (touch wood) *used* to suffer from cluster headaches once a year for about 5-6 weeks. When I first starting these headaches around the age of 18 yrs I was hanging off the end of a bong from time to time. Inhaling THC back in those days did abort the headache once it came on for a year or two. *Major Breakthrough*

I believe due to stress with my ex that smoking THC did not help anymore apart from relax me afterwards. (so with that there other factors, which could also include saturation as I did smoke a bit back in those days)

Fitness Stage of life I found that my headaches when i had them were right corkers, but if I was running or went for run ASAP during the onset of a headache the oxygen and the constant hypnotic effect of running dimmed the pain a LOT and caused the headache to subside a lot quicker than wanting to cut my head off rolling around on the carpet in any room where I could not stay still. Oxygen treatment is known to help people who suffer from Cluster Headaches.

From that fitness point in life I've gone through some lows etc and have not even got back to 50 % of that level, but since I removed Chlorine and Flouride from my mainstay of drinking water the cycles seem out of whack. I did think last year that removing those two elements may have stopped the headache for good, well it didn't and one week prior to my trip in Taiwan the headbanger came back which ruined certain parts of my holiday when it came to enjoying bathing in all those lovely natural hot springs in Taiwan. After about 30 minutes of enjoying relaxing in such wonderful Earth water the heat would trip the headache off and then I would be rushing out and tying the laces on my running shoes running around a foreign country for the increase in oxygen and also the left, right balance distraction /synchro.

I had done a little research before I left knowing it might screw over my holiday and found that many people that suffer headaches of the nature I know all too well had found that morning glory seeds can help due to the psychoactive. Fortunately in Chinese med this a used herb for another ailment altogether and was easily purchased in taiwan for around two bucks. These seeds did help in aborting the cycle which should have lasted about a week or two after I arrived back in Oz.

I say all that because in my circumstance regarding CH, plants that contain a psychoactive have from my own observation been the greatest medicine to aid people in relief. The CH board seems to be reset these days and all the old post's are gone with the wind, but it was amazing to see people that had tried every known Pharma med (who usually get worse headaches over time I might add) report that having a none trip dose og magic mushrooms ABORTED a cycle.

Corp Med knows nothing much at all about Cluster Headaches, and losing the chance for people that suffer pain to find what helps them is so wrong, not only on the pain level but also the Human side of invention and sharing.

Soma

cheers
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:05 pm

From the Cluster Headache wiki page which is right on the money regarding the condition and how the FDA and CORP could screw over a very plausible pain relief:

Quote :
Low-dose psychedelics

There is anecdotal evidence that serotonergic psychedelics such as psilocybin (mushrooms) and LSD and LSA (d-Lysergic acid amide, contained by Rivea corymbosa seeds) abort cluster periods and extend remission periods. The doses needed for the effect on cluster headaches are below those needed to produce psychedelic effects.[35][36][37] Melatonin, psilocybin, serotonin, and the triptan abortive drugs are closely-related tryptamines.

Dr. Andrew Sewell and Dr. John Halpern at McLean Hospital in Boston have investigated the ability of psilocybin ("magic mushrooms") and LSD to treat cluster headaches. These researchers examined medical records of 53 patients who had taken hallucinogenic mushrooms and reported in Neurology that the majority of them found partial or complete relief from cluster attacks.[38] A clinical study of these treatments under the auspices of Clusterbusters is being developed by Dr. Halpern and colleagues at Harvard Medical School, McLean Hospital. The authors interviewed 53 cluster headache patients who had used psilocybin or lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) to treat their condition. Twenty-two of 26 psilocybin users reported that psilocybin aborted attacks; 25 of 48 psilocybin users and 7 of 8 LSD users reported cluster period termination; 18 of 19 psilocybin users and 4 of 5 LSD users reported remission period extension. [39][40]

2-Bromo-LSD (BOL), a non-hallucinogenic derivative of LSD, delivered promising results in a small clinical trial in four patients.[41]

Within the United States, the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) of 1970 makes it illegal to possess hallucinogens (including psilocybin and LSD), classifying them as Schedule I drugs with no legitimate medical use. Patients who use psilocybin to treat their symptoms face legal prosecution, although there are no known convictions.

FDA will not win as far as I'm concerned :D
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:10 pm

There is no question that nature knows the best way to help and cure us if we allow it.

The restrictions on hemp are rediculous in Canada also.

The more investigating of the FDA, I do the more pissed I am getting. These no good greedy bastards are only out for themselves and the hunt for more money in their pockets.

FDA Sleeps While Common Medications Poison the Elderly

The flagrant disregard for human health by the FDA is not news to people who follow the subject closely. The FDA has been mostly dormant while 100,000 Americans die needlessly from drugs every year and another 3 million are injured so seriously they require hospitalization (half of those were already in the hospital!). The FDA management's neglect of duty and follow-up on drugs already on the market is unconscionable and has been for a long time.

http://www.naturalnews.com/022388.html
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:12 pm

And to top it all off....

Former Monsanto Exec. Appointed to the Head of the F.D.A.!

Michael R. Taylor, J.D., was appointed Deputy Commissioner for Foods. This was announced on the FDA’s website the day after the earthquake in Haiti. Michael Taylor is a former top executive, lawyer and lobbyist with biotech giant Monsanto Co. He has rotated in and out of law firms, Monsanto, the USDA and FDA.

During his former stint in the FDA during the Clinton administration he helped write the rules to allow rBGH (Bovine Growth Hormone) into the American food system and our children’s milk. Which is perhaps why the FDA staffer who wrote Taylor’s bio seems to have all-but-forgotten his decade-plus of Monsanto work. Michael Taylor and Monsanto are responsible for subjecting this country and many others to the increased risk of breast cancer (7 times greater risk), prostate cancer and colon cancer because of what they did to milk, cheese, yogurt, ice cream with rBGH as well as to all the foods that rely on milk solids and other parts of milk. READ MORE…
http://survivingthemiddleclasscrash.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/monsanto-golden-boy-to-head-the-f-d-a/
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Yep mate, you will deplore this but love it at the same time LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_R._Taylor

My take on Wiki links when it comes to someone in the LOST as a human domain is to look hard and take it as fact.

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:02 pm

Unfriggin believable.

Talk about a conflict of interest. Work for companies for a while, then work for government to get drugs and food issues passed and then back to the corporate world.

Man of man sheeple are complacent not to question this kind of BS.

fired up I dunno
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:33 am

Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Legalize-cannabis

Pot Versus Alcohol: Experts Say Booze Is the Bigger Danger

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/147392/pot_versus_alcohol%3A_experts_say_booze_is_the_bigger_danger/

In 2007, the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare hired a team of scientists to assess the impact of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs on public health. Researcher reported that the consumption of alcohol was significant contributors to death and disease. "Alcohol harm was responsible for 3.2 percent of the total burden of disease and injury in Australia," they concluded. By comparison, cannabis use was responsible for zero deaths and only 0.2 percent of the estimated total burden of disease and injury in Australia.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:06 am

Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues FDA_2

The FDA serves as the pharmaceutical industry's watchdog, which can be called upon to attack and destroy a potential competitor under the guise of protecting the public." -----James P. Carter, M.D

http://www.whale.to/vaccine/fda2.html

Some wonderful articles in this link.

Sorry for going on about this. But I am pissed off. Most think the FDA has their better interest at heart. Ya right.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:55 am

If you really want an inside tract on the FDA read about the salmonella outbreak at the peanut factory and the excuses they made as to why their inspectors never cited the factory and how they were responsible for passing new edicts limiting their responsibility in the deaths of children and adults from that outbreak. It was embarassing, tragic and unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Louise

Number of posts : 606
Humor : Yes!
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:15 pm

Good comics Mic!!! moon walk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues   Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drug Industry, FDA, & Health Issues
Page 1 of 1