the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium' Empty
PostSubject: McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium'   McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium' Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:01 am

McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium' Funny-caught-in-costume-12

Fast food chain McDonald's has recalled 12m drinking glasses promoting the new Shrek movie because painted designs on them contain the toxic metal cadmium.

The glasses have been sold in the US for about $2 each and are available in four designs depicting the animated film's main characters.

The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warned consumers to stop using the glasses immediately.

Cadmium can damage the liver, kidneys, lungs, nervous system and brain.

In the case of the Shrek glasses, there are concerns about long-term exposure to low levels.

The metal could leach from the paint onto a child's hands and then enter the body if the child put the unwashed hand to his or her mouth.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and_canada/10235075.stm
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium'   McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium' Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 5:40 pm

I have never liked those darn Macca's clowns. lol!
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium'   McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium' Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:08 am

Isn't this the third time some fast food promotional item was recalled due to the paint?
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium'   McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium' Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:51 am

Thank heavens someone was checking.

When I think of McDonalds lately, I think of Hansel and Gretyl. Come in and get your treats my little darlings. Meanwhile it is all evil, feeding the young unnutritious food and adding to the corporate greed.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium'   McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium' Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:57 am

I agree it's just one of the lures for children to fill them full of toxins and unhealthy foods wrapped in a nice little package so they beg for it. People think I'm mean because I won't let my daughter go to fast food places. I never let her get hooked on that stuff and am always horrified when people feed their kids most of their meals at them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium'   McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McDonald's recalls Shrek glasses 'tainted with cadmium'
Page 1 of 1