the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

picture fascination

Go down 
+7
Reunite
New World Orphan
stal
micjer
Louise
Lightning222
sky otter
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

picture fascination Empty
PostSubject: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:10 am

affraid

i had heard about the sink hole and the storm and the vocano all in one place
but the sink hole fascinated me
i mean, come on..it's a perfect circle....WHY scratch
and huge too

picture fascination Guatem10

here's the article if you are interested
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/01/guatemala-sinkhole-is-mas_n_595877.html
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:53 am

I was just checking that picture out! Why is it so smooth on the edges? It almost looks like one of those tunnels created by the undgergruond digging machines doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Louise

Number of posts : 606
Humor : Yes!
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:46 am

That's one heck of a hole!!! scratch affraid wtf
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:19 am

And where does it go?

picture fascination Tunnelmachine
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:33 am

wow

for sme reason that picture disturbs me a little.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 am

affraid

ok.. it swallowed a three story building and a house...
and they aren't even visible...
but they are saying no people..how is that possible???
how deep is that thing..

what the heck makes a perfect circle and sinks..was this something else first...???

why is it perfectly round like that....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
jawdrop
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:23 am

and whats under it?

looks like a huge open space...
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:14 pm

ok.. bear with me on this..
i ask hubby if he had ever heard of the oil fields sinking in africa..and he said yeah he had heard 2 ft but that they
shot water into the wells so the ground doesn't collapse...
soooooooooo
my brain says..
gulf of mexico oil leak
giant sink hole in mexico

geography time

i found where guatemala city is in central mexico but now i can't find the exact location of the oil rig...
anybody remember where the map is?

what if?????
ok..this is what i found

the oil rig was at ...........................28.73667 N x 88.38716 W
guatelama city is listed as...............14.38 N x 90.31W

picture fascination Camnew10
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:54 pm

WOW! Amazing picture. Im guessing Laser Technology, maybe??
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Ok I had to check the link for the 'official' explanation on the sink hole.

RAIN?

wtf

So does anyone know what building collapsed? That may explain some things. If it was a government contractor building this may reveal the architecture of their underground tunnels.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 4:57 pm

Why has no-one been lowered down with a camera and a big torch?
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:05 pm

As we have said before things will be raising their heads and we will be quietly fascinated but I don't get anything standing out to me by this sink hole. I tried to discern what it could be, nothing grabbed me as truth.

But as I said before everything from now on will be a bit of a surprise and I also wouldn't be surprised if one of us or someone we know does not have a close encounter but it will not be life threatening.

Any messages you get guys and gals as well in this regard please let us know if you are allowed on our members thread.
Back to top Go down
Louise

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 7:04 pm

I read this today about the huge limestone caves: http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/tropical-storm-agatha-opens-giant-sinkhole-in-guatemala-city/19498396

which prompted me to look at this: http://www.showcaves.com/english/gt/showcaves/Candelaria.html

It seems there was a similar event in 2007.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:49 pm

Quote :
200 Foot Guatemala Sinkhole Opens after Agatha Storm

June 1, 2010 by hearit

What some thought to be the work of a Photoshop artist has been confirmed as real: photo of an enormous 200 foot deep sinkhole in Guatemala City that swallowed an entire three-story clothing factory building.

An almost perfectly round sinkhole that runs approximately 200 feet deep and 66 feet across has swallowed an entire intersection in Guatemala City. The sinkhole was originally thought to be 100 feet deep however further reports show the hold to be double that originally estimated depth. The Guatemala sinkhole formed during a tropical storm and geologists say that the circular shape suggests a cave formation underneath the hole.

What, exactly, has caused the sinkhole in Guatemala is still a mystery, however it is the second massive sinkhole to form in the region, and close proximity, in less than three years. "I can tell you what it's not: It's not a geological fault, and it's not the product of an earthquake," said David Monterroso, a geophysics engineer at the National Disaster Management Agency. "That's all we know. We're going to have to descend [into the sinkhole]." Crews were waiting for blueprints of the Central America city's drainage system before investigating further.

The sinkhole formed Saturday at the Guatemala intersection, immediately swallowing an entire clothing factory building, only about three miles from the site of a similar sinkhole three years ago. Miraculously no factory workers died, however one man is missing. "The boys [clothing factory workers] were lucky," resident Honora Oliva said. "They left at six that afternoon, an hour before the earth opened up." Neighbors said a weekend security guard also was spared because he had left to tend to his house, his home having been flooded from heavy rains sent by Tropical Storm Agatha which had bore down on Central America. The Tropical Storm Agatha has killed at least 179 people and about 100 people are still reported as missing.

The previous 2007 sinkhole killed three and swallowed several homes in the same area, that sinkhole blamed on rain and an underground sewage flow. Guatemalan Police and soldiers stood guard around the sinkhole to prevent the curious from getting too close. Most in neighboring homes have moved, afraid that the massive sinkhole will expand and swallow more homes. Agatha, the first named storm of the 2010 Pacific hurricane season, crashed into Guatemala less than three days ago, dumping more than 3 feet of rain in the mountainous West area and in neighboring El Salvador.

http://www.wacktrap.com/environment/natural-disasters/200-foot-guatemala-sinkhole-opens-after-agatha-storm

C'mon Micjer I thought you would of picked this up.

Let's see why they named the storm Agatha

Quote :
Agatha

"Agartha (sometimes Agartta, Agharti or Agarttha) is a legendary city that is said to reside in the Earth's core. It is related to the Hollow Earth theory and is a popular subject in Esotericism.

Agartha is one of the most common names cited for the society of underground dwellers. Shamballa (also known as Shambalah or Shangri-La) is sometimes said to be its capital city. The mythical paradise of Shamballa is known under many different names: It has been called the Forbidden Land, the Land of White Waters, the Land of Radiant Spirits, the Land of Living Fire, the Land of the Living Gods and the Land of Wonders. Hindus have known it as Aryavartha (literally : The Land or Realm of The Aryans ; the Land of the Noble/Worthy Ones") - the land from which the Vedas come; the Chinese as Hsi Tien, the Western Paradise of Hsi Wang Mu, the Royal Mother of the West; the Russian Old Believers, a nineteenth-century Christian sect, knew it as Belovodye and the Kirghiz people as Janaidar. But throughout Asia it is best known by its Sanskrit name, Shambhala, meaning 'the place of peace, of tranquillity."

http://www.crystalinks.com/hollowearth.html
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Just fascinating, any ideas guys scratch
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:19 pm

I should have picked up on it for sure! LOL

Working late tonight so missed this one.

The whole concept of sink holes are amazing. What is more amazing is how whole continents and land masses have sunk. ie Atlantis and the land off of Japan where the underwater pyramids are. What causes this?

When we were in Tennessee they told us that that whole area at one time was under an ancient sea.

My farm has shale limestone rock under the topsoil, that was once under an ancient sea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niagara_Escarpment
Back to top Go down
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:05 am

stal wrote:
wow

for sme reason that picture disturbs me a little.

Me too. It's weird, I have no idea why but I get goose bumps just looking at it, the hair on my arms and face is standing on end right now. scratch
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:36 am

What was the swallowed factory making ???
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:57 am

I think we all know what they were that is why it probably disturbs us Stal and Duke, the thing is I can't remember what I had for dinner last night, but I feel there is something roaming around somewhere in our past whatevers thousands of years ago, maybe one of us can remember I certainly cannot.

I mean let's face it when they built the factory and other things on top of that sink hole how many years was it covered up for. The other thing is it is perfectly round right down from what we can see; if it is perfectly round for 200 or 300 feet then who or what made it that way and that deep and what for. What is going to get them to the bottom of the hole, that is the other thing, I wouldn't want to go down on a roap ladder, not one big enough is there?

Sorry if I am being vague, just tired guys.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:33 am

Anchor wrote:
What was the swallowed factory making ???

Apparently clothes
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:41 am

micjer wrote:
My farm has shale limestone rock under the topsoil, that was once under an ancient sea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niagara_Escarpment

Wow is that where you are? I have been there... some awesome Apple farms if I recall. I certainly remember eating hot fresh apple pie at one of the farmhouses, like it was yesterday.

John..
Back to top Go down
Louise

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 5:57 am

The Candelaria Caves lie in the east-west running Cuchumatán Mountains. The Cretaceous limestone are intensively folded and form a rugged landscape with many caves and sinkholes, covered with dense tropical forest. Most rivers of this area flow into Usumacinta River, which runs north, forming the border between Guatemala and Mexico.

North of the village Chisec the Candelaria River emerges the first time, winds through the valley for a few kilometers and then enters the San Simon Hills near the village Candelaria Camposantos. This is the begin of the Candelaria Caves, a complex system of impressive caverns and passages, located inside enormous jungle-shrouded karst towers. The passages are huge, typical widths between 20 and 30m, heights between 10 and 60m. The largest chamber is 200m long, 200m wide, and up to 60m high.
http://www.showcaves.com/english/gt/showcaves/Candelaria.html
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:44 am

Been more than a tad bit perplexed with this hole aswell!

Nice work on hunting down info folk :)

On a less serious note, people have taken the hole through photoshop now......

picture fascination Picture3-16

picture fascination Picture8-6
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:24 am

lol!

ah soma.. cryingwithlaughter

well this stupid hole has been bothering me..so part of me is glad i'm not alone but the other part is why
and i haven't got a conclusion YET
however my brain is working overtime on what the???

remember the crystal caves where they found those huge crystals at 400 feet
well i have been looking and this area of mexico is in the same rock structure so if there are caverns underground
i can see why it would cave in but not why such a perfectly round hole
anyway here are some more maps and links if anyone wants to check them out
i also read somewhere in my search that in 08 there was an even bigger sink hole..but i didn't save that sorrysmil
but if you do a seracch on sink hole..wow..there are all over..sure makes ya wonder about stuff scratch

http://mapasdemexico.org/maps/age2.html
this is a large map ..4 screens worth

http://mapasdemexico.org/index.html#maplinks
sections three has the crystal caves at the topin chilehua and guatemala city towards the bottom of that area
lots of maps here
picture fascination Georeg10

picture fascination Indust10

and the link to some crystal cave info and pics
http://www.crystalinks.com/mexicocrystals.html

so the rain and poor drainage did it..but why such a perfect circle..only half the mystery solved for me
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:46 am

Gotta love photoshop! lol! Is that the dead mule the rednecks raffled off???

Sky those crystal structures were gypsum and I believe the temperature was around 140 degrees Farenheit. I do remember reading that there are similar sites near the Mediterranean Sea but not as large.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: picture fascination   picture fascination Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

picture fascination
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next