the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If the SHTF what I have in mind.

Go down 
+4
Somamech
Lightning222
Northern Boy
Biggles
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

If the SHTF what I have in mind. Empty
PostSubject: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:07 pm

If a future scenario arises where all hell breaks loose and the police are too busy or just not in action and people have gone nuts I intend to somehow break into early (hopefully with someone else) a pharmacy to get :-

Morphine, antibiotic cream and tablets, major other pain killers, and anything else I can think of so if there is anyone I need to help I can. I do not want to be, if I am alive, not being able to help people who may really need it with nothing at my disposal to help them, nothing worse than that.

Also a health food shop to get what I can there and of course if people are looting and going nuts I might have to try and get some necessities in the way of packaged food if this scenario breaks out all too soon.

Of course I want to be prepared beforehand, not because I want to keep myself alive, that's not a big priority, I would love to go to 4D pain free there, but if I haven't I dont want to feel useless when loved ones or people are dying or in tremendous pain.

Let's face it doctors and other essential services wont be keeping their appointments anymore will they.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:03 pm

you will be fine biggs as will the rest of us . I`m going to help as many as I can what ever way i can if it means sharing what I have then thats what I`ll do i suggest a outdoors survival book tHAT CAN POINT YOU TOWARDS EDIBLE PLANTS AND WORMS / INSECTS SHOULD THE NEED ARISE
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:09 pm

Oooh worms, mama. I know if I am hungry enough, ewwww.
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:13 pm

THEY ARE PURE PROTEIN
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:14 pm

I had the feeling you were gonna say that, okay, just not over cooked, mama.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:51 pm

I imagine we'd eat whatever was available if we had to although the thought doesn't thrill me either!

I know your concern about the medical supplies Bigs but don't overstress about it because we don't know what's going to happen. I have tried to keep certain necessary items in my bugout bag for emergency medical needs like antibiotic ointments and pressure bandages, little odds and ends. Anything will help if TSHTF though. A bottle of whiskey would probably work wonders!
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:57 pm

This is a fascinating topic and one I"m sure more than a few people here have pondered !

Biggs seeing we are looting in this possible scenario I would hit the solar panel shops or warehouses.

Over on Australian Survivalists one guy mentioned that having the means to produce alcohol is good, especially for barter, I can see the logic behind that thinking in a setting like that weird show thats on after V- Lizards.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:10 pm

Yeah Soma, talking of solar power, once I get my place I want to install a solar hot water system and then check out the solar panels for the roof.

I had the idea if I get into the country and have one of those ..............forgot the name of them now, you know those houses where the ground is the roof and some of the house is underground and some above...........there is a name for it but I forgot, thinking solar panels for that maybe hon.

Edit: I have just remembered the name......hobbit house. cheers
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 2:22 am

tobacco, alcahol, weed, antibiotics and painkillers will be worth a shitload to many people.

actualy, when the last two run out, the first three will be even more valuable
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:06 am

Most people immediately think of only stocking up on food. There are many other things that one would need if things got bad. Good idea to think of these things in advance.

Water is always number one though.

Do we need protection also. If everyone figures you have items of need, will they come knocking?
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 6:47 am

micjer wrote:
Most people immediately think of only stocking up on food. There are many other things that one would need if things got bad. Good idea to think of these things in advance.

Water is always number one though.

Do we need protection also. If everyone figures you have items of need, will they come knocking?

That's exactly what I thought too Mic, I am thinking it might be handy to have some sort of protection, the thing is Australia has a no gun policy unless your on a farm, land that sort of thing. That all stemmed from the Martin Bryant conspiracy, the whole thing just makes me see red.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:04 am

Bows, Arrows and Jumpsuits Biggsy LOL
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:53 am

Somamech wrote:

I know I'm a dummy here again, scratch but why jumpsuits Soma.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:27 am

lol!

wellll
we have sorta kinda thought of this a while back....
like late 70's
i gotta go see if my full contamination outfit WITH breathing appartus
is in working order
scratch
if i can only remember where the heck we put them
scratch

and yeah..i really am serious
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 11:41 am

They h*** with jumpsuits I want wings! fly-away
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Biggles wrote:
Somamech wrote:

I know I'm a dummy here again, scratch but why jumpsuits Soma.

Reuinter has a fascination with me in a Jumpsuit playing a moog in the sunshine whilst my colours melt lol!

Silly joke ;)

Jump suits though are not so silly if one was to read Ingo Swanns book "Penetration" ha ha
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 3:42 pm

I reckon you could sell a few albums like that mate, kinda like daft punk.

Biggs you will be at the right place at the right time. Nobody knows what will happen and when so it's always just best to be prepared.

If anything we will all get back in touch with nature, living off the grid and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If the SHTF what I have in mind.   If the SHTF what I have in mind. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If the SHTF what I have in mind.
Page 1 of 1