the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

one day without shoes - join me, barefoot

Go down 
+2
Biggles
WineHippie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Empty
PostSubject: one day without shoes - join me, barefoot   one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 12:46 pm

One Day Without Shoes is the day we spread awareness about the impact a simple pair of shoes can have on a child’s life. On April 8th, we ask people to go the day, part of the day or even just a few minutes, barefoot, to experience a life without shoes first-hand, and inspire others at the same time.

It’s Hard Without Shoes

Through everyday encounters with domestic poverty, we are reminded to appreciate having food and shelter, but most of us all but forget about our feet. Food, shelter, AND shoes facilitate life’s fundamentals. Imagine a life without shoes; constantly aware of the ground in front of you, suffering regular cuts and scrapes, tending to infection after each walk, and enduring not only terrain, but heat and cold.

The problem is large, but the solution is simple. Wearing shoes and practicing basic hygiene can prevent both infection and disease due to unsafe roads and contaminated soil. By imagining a life barefoot, we can all contribute to the awareness of these conditions. On April 8th, communities, campuses, organizations, and individuals are banding together to walk barefoot for One Day Without Shoes.

Take a walk with us on April 8th, 2010

http://www.onedaywithoutshoes.com
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: one day without shoes - join me, barefoot   one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 6:47 pm

I think we all forget about the everyday things we take for granted hippie.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: one day without shoes - join me, barefoot   one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:32 pm

will you go barefoot with me on april 8th, mz biggz?
we can post our tootsies right here!
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: one day without shoes - join me, barefoot   one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:16 am

Nicey! cheers

Around the house and garden I very rarley go shoed or thonged!

But both do serve a great purpose when needed and its damn sad that some cannot have that due to certain circumstances.

On the flipside I guess, tinea is caused by shoes and poor hygeine in the richer countrys.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: one day without shoes - join me, barefoot   one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:12 am

i like to go barefoot as often as possible :)
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: one day without shoes - join me, barefoot   one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:06 am

Hey hippy, I know this is off topic for this thread, but I just noticed this morning that your topic thread on my personal page is missing????

It was called the service of Winehippy and Megabyte but it is gone??????

wtf
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: one day without shoes - join me, barefoot   one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:19 am

i didn't do it...
perhaps reunite would have a clue
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: one day without shoes - join me, barefoot   one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:01 pm

Just thought it was strange? I have not looked at the page from top to bottom in a long time so I do not know how long it has been missing?

No big deal, just curious?
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: one day without shoes - join me, barefoot   one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:28 pm

Hey Gabe it's on page 2 of your section. It's actually the very first thread.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: one day without shoes - join me, barefoot   one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:49 pm

Thanks I did not know I had 2 pages....LOL some of us are not real sharp....LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: one day without shoes - join me, barefoot   one day without shoes - join me, barefoot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

one day without shoes - join me, barefoot
Page 1 of 1