the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

reading the PLU code

Go down 
+2
Dean Plejaren
DIVERDOWN
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DIVERDOWN

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-01-25

reading the PLU code Empty
PostSubject: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:17 pm

reading the PLU code

reading the PLU code Pear-sticker

http://www.plantea.com/genetically-modified-foods.htm

As reported by Maria Gallagher, in the June 26, 2002 issue of the Philadelphia Inquirer, by reading the PLU code, you can tell if the fruit was genetically modified, organically grown or produced with chemical fertilizers, fungicides, or herbicides.

Here's how it works:

For conventionally grown fruit, (grown with chemicals inputs), the PLU code on the sticker consists of four numbers. Organically grown fruit has a five-numeral PLU prefaced by the number 9. Genetically engineered (GM) fruit has a five-numeral PLU prefaced by the number 8. For example,
A conventionally grown banana would be:

An organic banana would be:

A genetically engineered (GE or GMO) banana would be:

The numeric system was developed by the Produce Electronic Identification Board, an affiliate of the Produce Marketing Association, a Newark, Delaware-based trade group for the produce industry. As of October 2001, the board had assigned more than 1,200 PLUs for individual produce items.
Incidentally, the adhesive used to attach the stickers is considered food-grade, but the stickers themselves aren't edible.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2166644_avoid-genetically-modified-fruits-vegetables.html
Read the PLU labels. If the five digit PLU number starts with “8,” the food is either genetically modified or genetically engineered. Don’t buy it. Please note that all fruit has a four digit PLU code. This number tells you what kind of fruit it is. If the PLU code has five numbers, the first number represents either organic (8) or genetically modified (9).
Step2
Shop at natural food stores. Shopping at a natural or organic food store does not eliminate the possibility of purchasing genetically modified food, although it does increase the possibility of having a wider variety of non-genetically modified fruits and vegetables.
Step3
Purchase a share of a Community Support Agriculture (CSA). Basically, a CSA share is purchasing a portion of a farmer’s harvest. The farmer provides you with a basket full of fruits and vegetables every week. Sometimes, CSA can also offer raw milk and fresh eggs. Some farmers, like those at Common Good Farms in Nebraska, refuse to grow genetically modified fruit and vegetables. Be sure to ask your farmer before you purchase the share!
Step4
Buy direct from the farmer. You can ask the farmer at your local farmer’s market if they grow non-GMO produce. If they don’t know, don’t buy. Be aware that most seeds and plants out there today are genetically modified or engineered.
Step5
Grow your own produce. Look in the seed catalog or on the package for the “Non-GMO” label. If there is no label, you can assume that the seed or plant is genetically modified. Baker Creek Heirloom Seed Company and Seed Savers Exchange have an excellent selection of non-GMO seeds, as well as a beautiful array of heirloom varieties.
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:59 pm

Thanks DD. I never knew that system.

This doesn't guarantee it's purely organic though because couldn't the previous batch from which it was made be GM, and they can still label the next batch that came from it natural.....But it's still effected heavily from the previous GM batch that it would have come from. It depends who is putting the stickers on it and if you trust them.

At this point I wouldn't trust the monopoly marketers or their identification systems. The best way is to grow your own food definitely. And not to rely on what is an attempted monopoly of the food industry.

Like they take advantage of what people want most. But there is always a catch with it. In this case most of the time you find out wait a minute......This actually isn't as organic as they make out. That always happens.....

They put big red ticks. High fibre, High nutrients....They are artificially added afterward. The real nutrients is gone out of it, then they added what's artificial. So that's why the western diet has so much cancer as a result.

This sticker identification could be used for good. But it's definitely more of a widespread marketing thing not a solution or something to rely on. You're better off making relations with a smaller more independent business that specializes in absolutely 100% pure organic food that is not part of this octopus of the food industry through wal-mart etc. There is a lot of small independent business that does real organic food and their integrity (which can be discovered it still exists) deserve the attention over these other less honest marketing scams you may find in the supermarkets.

reporter wrote:
the stickers themselves aren't edible.

........has it really come to this. Mr journalist man I know the stickers aren't part of the fruit.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 1:12 am

Unfortunately there is going to come a time when we will not be allowed to grow our own food. Everything will be controlled and chipped. Every single living thing including all plants.
This has been planned long ago. He who controls the food, controls the world.
I am just hoping that it won't be soon.
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Dean Plejaren

PostSubject: Re: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:04 am

Linda wrote:
there is going to come a time when we will not be allowed to grow our own food. Everything will be controlled and chipped. Every single living thing including all plants.This has been planned long ago.

Sorry to disappoint but that time will never come.......It's just a dream that will never happen. I don't hope, I know......It's just one of those fancy pink pipe dreams of desire from the elite that is then over-run with the reality of the musty brown blood, like flowing rives covering it. Until they realize their dreams are no more than broken grey splinters. Because it was something impossible in the face of light and intelligence. Life and glory. It may have been planned long ago. But it failed long ago too.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!

PostSubject: Re: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 1:19 pm

A person must have somehow been involved with important people who deal in big money and international businesses to make statements like this.

A person must have first hand knowledge of secret agendas from the elite before they can claim that they KNOW anything.
I fit this profile.
Anybody who merely 'has a feeling' that they just 'know' what the real truth is about ANYTHING needs to hurry up and educate themselves.

Start here:
Agribusiness Giants seek to gain Worldwide Control over our Food Supply

"Although our civilization has been built on humanistic ideals, in this new age of "free markets", everything-- science, commerce, agriculture and even seeds-- have become weapons in the hands of a few global corporation barons and their political fellow travelers. To achieve world domination, they no longer rely on bayonet-wielding soldiers. All they need is to control food production."

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=7735

and here, make sure to read the comments;

Monsanto continues to pursue controversial “Terminator” seed-control technology

The ‘teminator seed’ is just what it says it is. ‘Terminator seed’ does not produce viable seed from its current crop. These seeds will be sterile. If a farmer plants seed to grow a crop that he will be saving for next years crop and a field of ‘terminator seed’ has been planted in a field near his and the pollen from the ‘teminato seed’ blows in and crosses with the farmer’s good seed it will then also produce sterile seed.
Thus, when the farmer plants his next years crop from what he saved he will find a lot of the saved seed turned out to be sterile and will not germinate. So, what does he have? ‘Terminato seed’! Then he will be forced to buy more seed, possibly from a company such as Monsanto. If a company such as Monsanto, et.al. can sell enough of their ‘teminator seed’ they eventually will be in complete contol, along with our government, over our food and us.

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2006/08/29/monsanto-continues-to-pursue-controversial-terminator-seed-control-technology/
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 2:07 pm

Thanks DD...reading codes of any kind is always good info

and most seeds have patents and if you want to be really scared
read some of this
http://www.cell.com/trends/biotechnology/abstract/S0167-7799(00)01521-3

i worked in research and agaricus bisporus breeding and i have seen some nasty ass back room tatics to
steal and patent other folks stuff before they can..
it ain't pretty out there
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 9:28 pm

Codex Alimentarius is planned to be in place by the end of 2009

http://members.iimetro.com.au/~hubbca/codex.htm

Nutricide - Criminalizing Natural Health, Vitamins and Herbs

Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

PostSubject: Re: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:52 am

Linda wrote:
A person must have somehow been involved with important people who deal in big money and international businesses to make statements like this.

A person must have first hand knowledge of secret agendas from the elite before they can claim that they KNOW anything.
I fit this profile.
Anybody who merely 'has a feeling' that they just 'know' what the real truth is about ANYTHING needs to hurry up and educate themselves.

So who is more believable.....Who is smarter. Someone who has been meddling with them and their secrets....Or someone who knows not to be involved with it....But who studies the occult and esoteric knowledge to get wisdom instead.

Their intentions are clear even to outsiders they have failed soon as they decided to do this. It's something you can't put up with. We are talking about the tyrants who don't know a thing about how nature operates at the higher levels they are just plain greedy with pipe dreams of unrealistic domination over others. It's their little dream they have that they live for. But soon they will be dead and the dream crushed. Then they will realize they were fantasizing about something spiritually distorted that it wasn't in perspective. Even with all their ambition and energy going into it to try make it work. They are not the ones in control of it. You don't need to be in their gang to know they are a failure in this aspect of it. They are evolving this is their sharp learning curve. No use fighting my conclusion of what is inevitable failure....It's almost like you are hoping somehow they can succeed. Sorry but it's no use ever. Universal laws dictate this boat is heading in a different direction. You can't get blood out of a stone. We aren't scared like we use to be. Don't be surprised if we also discovered using fear. Don't be surprised if we get a whole lot smarter in half the time as it culminates. Don't be surprised when they miscalculate to such a degree that everyone surrounds them and discovers who they are. Do you know how angry they will be? Haha. There will also be no-where to run. Money won't be a concept anymore....There will be no incentive for corruption. Their role will be over.....And our potentials keep growing exponentially.

Already people are making their gardens in Russia from the Anastasia movement. Which has also spread throughout the entire world a entirely positive productive course of action. The Venus project and Z movement carries thousands towards a resourced based economy now.
It's getting to the point where the awareness is local....Look at my post today about seeing the infowars signs around locally in my area.

The interest in alternative media sources has skyrocketed. Corporate Television is getting viewed as something cynical in the public mind now. As well as governments. Which have lost all credibility, and the people have noticed the political insanity.

Organic food is extremely popular and awareness of hemp is growing....Codex Alimentarius is a desperate attempt to prevent worldwide awakening and the health movement. But those in the know understand that this is part of the plan to wake people up even further. Even the law system is being picked a part by those realizing that courts actually have no legal authority over their free sovereignty at all. Because resistance makes it worse. This is why the elite is double crossed at all times.....

The light is more intelligent than the dark.

Look at their terrorism movement for example....It's not even catching on like they wanted it too. They wanted everyone to be afraid of the terror. But people more everyday are treating it like the myth it is. Instead of something serious that they tried to make out.

Same with their global warming distraction. They wanted everyone demanding monitoring their household carbon bills. But no-one cared and it failed. Instead they started getting more aware of the environment and different types of industrial pollutions lol.

You have to understand their failures are almost comical that they have the opposite effect. That's the way it's designed. You take them way too seriously and give them far too much credit. You have it backwards. They keep coming up with these crazy ideas and every time without fail. It drives us forward and puts them 2 steps back. That's how it's always been. Remember when they tried to invade Iran and they got caught dressing up Americans as Iranians? It's never been that blatant of a mistake before. Look at 911.....they stuffed that up too beyond belief. "oh lets blow the towers up we got to do something, Oh crap now they know. Ignore them....Crap now our media is discredited." They try harder and harder and it keeps getting worse for them. That's what those in the know understand about this....It's natural evolution of the integration between light and dark.

I even saw an article in a magazine today that was about governments using sport and war into one mythology and the danger of it. How sport is also used as a propaganda tool against people and their instincts to deal with problems in society. how it's become an escape. That was in a sports magazine......So I wouldn't have much hope in the elite anymore if I was you. These final years the awareness is going to get intense.

I didn't even think it would be rising this quick.....
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

PostSubject: Re: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:34 am

i hate to seem cold but anyone in the western world who gets poisoned from their food deserves it......they are stupid morons ...sorry but everyone in the west has a choice to wake up.....if they are led to the sloughter then so be it......these stupid brain dead types do not give a shit about the planet ....and if you don´t respect the planet then you do not srespect yourself or anyone else for that matter......so i don´t have much compassion for these sheep types......i just met a little old lady the other day at the recycleing bin......she said she is 91 and she takes no medication......she is worried what is happening with the food and water suply......she said she always had a natural life and so she has maintained her health........

so i´ll tell ya if a 91 year knows and cares about the state of the planet and can carry her recycling to the bin on a icy snow covered road.........there is no excuse for our own generation not to......and even she knows and is concerned about the seed suply.......i feel in love with this little lady.......she was very wise indeed.........and one thing she said that is so true is.........

IF YOU ARE NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM........

so if people wise up and put their foot down on these illuminati bullshit plans then they will not work......
but on the other hand if people roll over and allow them selves to get fucked then they deserve whatever they get.......and i have no compassion if they get poisioned to death..........you can´t help people who don´t want to help themselves.......

that said there are some of us who will survive in the forest no matter what.......thats why i strees that people learn how to forage........imo humans have been so stupid they must do something smart.......but if this thing does go belly up you better know all about the food in the forest.....because they will not be able to contaminate all the forest food..........

so your power is now.....always was......and always shal be in the forest........

if you respect and love our mother earth she will protect you from harm........

everyone will get back what they put out.........so be it...... suprise
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

PostSubject: Re: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 5:45 am

Zuni all those people will die out now......There is people in the younger generations that are coming in as the leaders who will take charge of this more evolved now. I was on the train today on my way back when the school kids got on and I saw a crystal child. Not even 7 turned around looked me straight in the eye and gave me the peace sign. It was like a soul to soul recognition as if she could see into my intentions. I gave the sign back and she expressed like a victory as if she had won something. It was humbling. There was something different, not normal about it. I felt like she was above me spiritually.....
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

PostSubject: Re: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 7:24 am

wow dean thanks for sharing that story.....yeah there are wonderful children on the planet now.....and they are our future.......

the major problem is their parents........i notice that the children are more advanced then there parents.......most of them have idiot parents who do not listen to their child.......

i used to work with 3 and 4 year olds.....i was a ski instructor for the little folks.......and i had to interact with the child and the parent.....and well it was shocking how parents act so supirior even though they clearly are not.......

so the thing is we are now responsable......it´s up to us to stand up and make sure these kids get there chance to heal the situation on the planet.......our generation must make the first steps........and honestly i don´t see it clearly..........

yes i see the venus project working but i do not see the transition........

the chalange is getting ourselves from here to there.........and thats why the fact is if a person is not part of the solution they are part of the problem..........

if people can take their power back and take responsableity for themselves and the state of our planet then things can flow in a possitive direction.........if not some will have to die because this situation can not continue...........and the ones that die will have chosen that by their deeds .......things will come back into balance......the question is will we as a whole choose the soft smooth transition........ or will it have to be a dramatic/tramatic transition???? that is up to each of us.......

honestly i´m preyin every day for total distruction........
it´s like a house.......you may have an old house.......you can fix it up but if it´s rotten on the inside because termites are eating the frame........you can only repair so far untill that house will crumble to the ground and the termites will dye cause there is nothing left to eat........so in any case total distruction may be only solution........ the wars ....the exploitations ........the disruction of the eco system.....the so called third world that is caused by the western world.......all of the injustises of the planet must now balance out.......the western world will be hit the hardest because they have caused most of these situations due to greed.....always taking advantage of the weak instead of lending a helping hand.......they will get what´s commin.....

after the crystal generation can move in.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reading the PLU code   reading the PLU code Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

reading the PLU code
Page 1 of 1