the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...

Go down 
+2
sky otter
WineHippie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced... Empty
PostSubject: 300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...   300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:51 am

this is just one city, if not the first, to impose actions
to raise money at the expense of "the people"

By Jim Forsyth
Monday, February 22, 2010

What are you in for? People who hold 'illegal garage sales' could face hard time, under a warrant roundup set for the entire region early next month, 1200 WOAI news reports.

Several code compliance violations which have resulted in tickets which have not been paid will result in arrest and imprisonment starting March 5 as the warrant roundup, which usually involves people who have ignored speeding tickets, spreads to other offenses, according to Code Compliance Director David Garza.

"These are things that are just as important as anything else, and we hope that people who are facing these violations will come in and help us take care of those issues," Garza said.

In addition to violent garage sale criminals, other offenses which merit a trip to the slammer, according to Garza, include 'illegal dumping, having junked vehicle on the property, placing public signs on right of way, and failure to cut high weeds and brush.

Officials are offering a two week payment period where people can come in and pay their fines before their name goes onto the warrant list.

"The city has not desire to embarrass people by arresting them at their homes and arresting them at their work," Police Chief William McManus said. "But we do need these people to come in and pay these tickets.

The Municipal Court offices at 401 S. Frio will waive parking fees until March 5, to encourage people to pay up.

But McManus says the grace period is not an amnesty, he says having an outstanding warrant still places a person at risk of arrest until the warrant is cleared.

"During that grace period, if an officer stops you, if you have a warrant out for you, you will be arrested," he said.

Officials say more than 300,000 outstanding warrants currently exist in San Antonio alone, and other law enforcement agencies as far away at Luling will be participating in the roundup, which starts March 5.

Cracking down on warrants is a method more and more cities are using to try to make up for slumping sales and property tax revenue during the recession.
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: 300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...   300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:03 am

affraid

Hippie

i'm waiting for the toilet paper tax.... shocked
and then
the illegal traffficing and cop chases
bigw

:laughter:
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: 300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...   300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:40 am

Reminds me of Bill Hicks... One of his better routines.

"Look at me and and my big bank account..it must be real"

I've just finished watching a permaculture dvd which places a very good system compared to the news article. :)
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: 300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...   300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Boy they are going to have to build some more prisons. 300 000 people is a lot of mouths to feed also. That will sure save them some money there.

Jackasses. :onloo:
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: 300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...   300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:09 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! good friggin Luck SanAntonia lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: 300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...   300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:42 am

It will soon be time to take the government back from the criminal faction.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: 300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...   300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:50 am

update from the
"what will they think of next" department:
i found this headline on george ure's site

http://urbansurvival.com/

and almost spit my coffee at monitor when i read it....
(the emphasis in article is mine)
Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls
Tracy residents will now have to pay every time they call 9-1-1 for a medical emergency.

But there are a couple of options. Residents can pay a $48 voluntary fee for the year which allows them to call 9-1-1 as many times as necessary.

Or, there's the option of not signing up for the annual fee. Instead, they will be charged $300 if they make a call for help. [note: further research clarifies that the $300 charge would paid if aid was rendered at scene - WH]

"A $300 fee and you don't even want to be thinking about that when somebody is in need of assistance," said Tracy resident Greg Bidlack.

Residents will soon receive the form in the mail where they'll be able to make their selection. No date has been set for when the charges will go into effect.
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: 300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...   300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:48 am

I agree with Sky. Toilet tissue tax is next.

Geez this is nuts.

poop peek
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: 300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...   300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:03 am

Georges blog today was potentely good reading I must say :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...   300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

300,000 outstanding warrants in San Antonio to be enforced...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the force is withIN you !!!!!! :: Today's News :: News and Events Around the World-
Jump to: