the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cosy deals behind talking heads kept out of the news

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Cosy deals behind talking heads kept out of the news Empty
PostSubject: Cosy deals behind talking heads kept out of the news   Cosy deals behind talking heads kept out of the news Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:56 pm

wow

I always thought the network would pay these slime balls, not vice vera. It sure does make a lot of sense and clears up why I read some blatantly silly articles in the finance newspaper.

Quote :
THEY are the faces of finance on the nightly news taking us through the ups and downs of the day's trading on the stockmarket. But behind the talk of bulls and bears there lies an industry worth millions of dollars to both the banks and the TV stations.

Much like the shares they are commenting on, the position of being a television network's financial talking-head is a commodity.

Industry sources say a bank or stockbroker can expect to pay a network up to $10 million over three years for the coveted spot of providing financial commentary to millions of viewers each night.

Not that the viewers would know it.

More here:

http://www.theage.com.au/business/cosy-deals-behind-talking-heads-kept-out-of-the-news-20100208-nncd.html?autostart=1
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Cosy deals behind talking heads kept out of the news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cosy deals behind talking heads kept out of the news   Cosy deals behind talking heads kept out of the news Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Ever since I knew what a share market was I have never trusted anything about them, but hey that's just me. Too much potential for manipulation and greed, as is I suppose most stuff today where big money is involved.
Back to top Go down

Cosy deals behind talking heads kept out of the news
Page 1 of 1