the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods

Go down 
+2
zuni
3rdEye
6 posters
AuthorMessage
3rdEye
3rdEye

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods Empty
PostSubject: Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods   Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:11 am

Your body needs a balanced pH level. The scale goes like this:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 healthy 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Human blood pH should be slightly alkaline ( 7.35 - 7.45 ). Below or above this range means symptoms and disease. A pH of 7.0 is neutral. A pH below 7.0 is acidic. A pH above 7.0 is alkaline. A blood pH of 6.9, which is only slightly acidic, can induce coma and death.

You can find a list of high to low alkaline & acid foods here:
http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/acid_alkaline_foods_list.html

The reason acidosis is more common in our society is mostly due to the typical Western diet, which is far too high in acid producing animal products like meat, eggs and dairy, and far too low in alkaline producing foods like fresh vegetables. Additionally, we eat acid producing processed foods like white flour and sugar and drink acid producing beverages like coffee and soft drinks. We use too many drugs, which are acid forming; and we use artificial chemical sweetners like NutraSweet, Spoonful, Sweet 'N Low, Equal, or Aspartame, which are poison and extremely acid forming.

http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

The last quarter of this page has a really interesting list of foods and numbers associated with a description on what consumption of these do for you.

A food's acid or alkaline-forming tendency in the body has nothing to do with the actual pH of the food itself. For example: Though lemons, limes, and grapefruits are chemically acid, tests show that when they are metabolized in the body they actually have an alkalizing effect and are very beneficial. They have very little sugar. And they contain an abundance of oxygen. Lemons are said to be the richest source of minerals and vitamins of any food or foods known to man.

Over acidity, which can become a dangerous condition that weakens all body systems, is very common today. It gives rise to an internal environment conducive to disease, as opposed to a pH-balanced environment which allows normal body function necessary for the body to resist disease. A healthy body maintains adequate alkaline reserves (Electrolytes) to meet emergency demands. When excess acids must be neutralized our alkaline reserves are depleted leaving the body in a weakened condition.

http://www.pureliquidgold.com/acid-alkaline-forming-foods.htm - see the lovely colourful chart for more info

Lemons are good for you!!! So is grapefruit... so have a slice of lemon/lime or grapefruit in a couple of glasses of pure water (no fluoride) when you wake in the morning - your body will love you for it - but remember balance is the key. And all acid forming in moderation - try and avoid the refined acids and if you over indulge (as we all do sometimes) bring your pH levels up with more lemons!!
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods   Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:03 am

great work 3rd eye........the most alkalizing food are fresh baby greens ,sprouts or wheatgrass juice......all of which are easy to grow indoors all year.......

and it is for sure true that acid fruits actually have and alkalizing effect on the body.....providing the body is in an nutral state........however if a persons body is acid already they should not take acid fruits before they get their body more nutral because in that case it can ad more acidity.......

greens on the other hand will never cause an acid reaction......and alkalize while clensing.......
a person should have wild picked or home grown baby greens or sprouts everyday.....the body needs the chlorophyll and the chi.......actualy the body can sevive on greens.......
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods   Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:51 am

I find if I listen to my body it knows exactly what it needs. Even though I have done no complex study of any health book in relation to diet.
Back to top Go down
whitecrow

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods   Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:04 am

zuni wrote:
great work 3rd eye........the most alkalizing food are fresh baby greens ,sprouts or wheatgrass juice......all of which are easy to grow indoors all year.......

One of my best discoveries is greens. Every day I drink at least a quart of juice made from either wheatgrass powder or Green Kamut from Pure Planet, plus 1/2 tsp of roasted maca root. This is so energizing I no longer need coffee although I still drink a little because I like it.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods   Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Read the OP last night, this morning I had a nice freshly made triple melon juice drink from Salad Affair :)
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods   Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:49 pm

wow guys your morning drinks sound yummy.......

wc. i have never heard of maca root......what does it taste like ??

a. mellon juice is great for fasting also ........

i started the day with fresh squeezed o.j. and mixed in some powdered spirulina.........
Back to top Go down
3rdEye
3rdEye

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods   Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:29 am

At the moment, I am drinking 2 big glasses of spring water and a whole lot of vit c - I think my partner and I are going to invest in a good quality juicer and have our raw veggies that way! Along with good balancing fruit juices.

What is wheatgrass, Green Kamut, spirulina & maca root?? What does it do for you???
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods   Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods Icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 7:31 pm

bump bump bump

Bumping this thread because of this link posted by thirdeye:

http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/Natural_Cure_For_Bird_Flu.html

Some practicle advice in here! :anisun: butterfly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods   Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alkaline Vs Acid Forming Foods
Page 1 of 1