the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Empty
PostSubject: Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved   Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:20 pm

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Federal officials yesterday approved for the first time the sale of a drug made in animals genetically modified to secrete the compound in their milk.

The drug comes from goats whose DNA was altered to produce a drug needed by patients with a rare blood disorder.

Using animals as factories to produce medications needed by humans has been a long-standing goal, and federal officials emphasized that the technique not only has vast potential for patients, but also that it can be carried out without harm to the animals.

The drug approved by the Food and Drug Administration yesterday, called ATryn, is used to untangle blood clots in patients who lack sufficient quantities of a protein called antithrombin. Patients with hereditary antithrombin deficiency are at high risk during surgeries and childbirth, and the drug would be given in hospital settings. About one in 5,000 Americans has the hereditary disorder.

"This is very exciting, it is novel and has great potential for where we can go with this new technology," said Bernadette Dunham, who directs the FDA's Center for Veterinary Medicine.

The drug is made by GTC Biotherapeutics of Framingham, Mass. Company scientists combined human DNA for antithrombin with goat DNA in such a way that goat's milk glands would express human antithrombin.

"The mammary gland is designed by nature to make proteins for offspring in a substance that we call milk, so all we have done is provide the extra bit of coding so it makes this particular protein," said Thomas E. Newberry, a vice president at GTC Biotherapeutics.

Researchers are seeking to produce drugs in animals because they can be manufactured faster and more cheaply than by synthetic processes, Newberry said. Antithrombin, for example, can be extracted from plasma in donated blood. But if all the blood donations in the country were used to extract antithrombin, scientists would have about 220 pounds of the protein a year. The same amount can be by made with 150 goats, and the company already has 200 animals producing the protein, Newberry said.
ad_icon

Other animals could have been used, he said, but the company chose goats because it takes only 18 months to raise a goat altered to produce milk laced with antithrombin. Rabbits would breed faster and cows would produce more milk, but Newberry said goats offered the largest supply at the quickest pace. The company has about 1,500 goats, he said, and is exploring the manufacture of other therapeutic products.

FDA officials said that although their primary responsibility was to make sure the antithrombin produced in goats was safe, the agency had also taken care to assure itself that they were not harmed.

"Even though the Animal Welfare Act is under [Department of Agriculture] jurisdiction, we look at target animal safety," Dunham said. "In this case, we had an opportunity to go back seven generations to make sure throughout the review that they were healthy."

Basil Golding, who directs the Division of Hematology at the FDA's Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, said that manufacturing drugs using animals is safer than trying to get antithrombin DNA directly into humans with antithrombin deficiency.

"In the goat, it is expressed in the mammary gland, so it is not affecting the whole goat. So there is very little chance of doing harm," he said. "If you were delivering it to a human, it would be expressed in many cells of the body. If there was a safety issue, there would be more chance of doing harm."

Martin Stephens, vice president for animal research issues at the Humane Society of the United States, acknowledged that the manufacturing technique had not harmed the goats, but said he was still troubled by the development: "It does represent a dark cloud on the horizon in that we would rather not see more uses of animals drummed up," he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/06/AR2009020603727.html
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Dean Plejaren

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved   Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:08 am

Seriously do you need to post CBS and Washington post in here? If you are going to copy and paste their corporate news all I can say is thanks for the propaganda.

We are suppose to be learning past this mindset now. Evolving past this.....We know who owns the media and what they do with it. Even if you think it's relevant it's not. N-o-t R-e-l-e-v-a-n-t.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved   Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:16 am

So sorry.....I didn't realize that YOU get to decide what gets posted on this forum.

btw, where exactly do you get all YOUR information from that YOU post?

Is it Alister Crowley's spirit?
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

PostSubject: Re: Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved   Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:50 am

Well remember, I get to decide everything. So do you too!

Maybe I should make an entire thread up about the spirits I contact cause it would take a while to explain the nature of them. I say let my words and life speak as it is. Maybe a thread for all of us to share our entity contact experiences and what entities we meddle with would be good.

You are also confusing news with spiritual wisdom. They are too different subjects. I get my spiritual wisdom from my experience. And I get my alternative less bias news from the internet. Meanwhile I also can't seem to avoid corporate news now and then playing it's part. But I really don't like seeing it on this forum.

Either way we both know the only reason you bring spirits up is to discredit everything I stand for. Alister Crowley is thought of in mainstream as evil. And so you mention his spirit.

I think this is something that is really low of an insinuation that you have being making all the time. Not in perspective at all. It's so inflammatory and prejudice, as if you were threatened by me.

Sorry but the threat will continue for you worse than ever I'm not backing down about anything it's not intimidating to me. You'll have to deal with it. Either when I'm banned or the forum closes or some other extreme thing will it end. The only other option is overcome me. If you can I welcome learning from you. But those are your only real chances of not making a fool of yourself.

You still have an issue with me, hence your reaction and this elaborate post.

We use to be good friends to start with. But now you seem to have no problem turning on what was a good relation and becoming entirely venomous, utterly destroying it for what I see as no good reason at all.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved   Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:25 am

Dean Plejaren wrote:
Well remember, I get to decide everything. So do you too!

Maybe I should make an entire thread up about the spirits I contact cause it would take a while to explain the nature of them. I say let my words and life speak as it is. Maybe a thread for all of us to share our entity contact experiences and what entities we meddle with would be good.

You are also confusing news with spiritual wisdom. They are too different subjects. I get my spiritual wisdom from my experience. And I get my alternative less bias news from the internet. Meanwhile I also can't seem to avoid corporate news now and then playing it's part. But I really don't like seeing it on this forum.

Either way we both know the only reason you bring spirits up is to discredit everything I stand for. Alister Crowley is thought of in mainstream as evil. And so you mention his spirit.

I think this is something that is really low of an insinuation that you have being making all the time. Not in perspective at all. It's so inflammatory and prejudice, as if you were threatened by me.

Sorry but the threat will continue for you worse than ever I'm not backing down about anything it's not intimidating to me. You'll have to deal with it. Either when I'm banned or the forum closes or some other extreme thing will it end. The only other option is overcome me. If you can I welcome learning from you. But those are your only real chances of not making a fool of yourself.

You still have an issue with me, hence your reaction and this elaborate post.

We use to be good friends to start with. But now you seem to have no problem turning on what was a good relation and becoming entirely venomous, utterly destroying it for what I see as no good reason at all.

Spiritual wisdom from a man who is dubbed "The Wickedest Man In the World"' or called the BEAST?

A man who had a small band of followers that carried out sex magick under the influence of drugs with stories of drug induced 'bestial orgies' and 'satanic rituals' ?

This is a person I could learn from and should follow?

Many of us are educated about his background and will not be deceived. I will never make a fool of myself because I will never follow a demon's messages.
Believe me, I am not threatened by you. I am just very concerned about the spirits you are now in communication with. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

PostSubject: Re: Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved   Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:05 am

Linda wrote:

Spiritual wisdom from a man who is dubbed "The Wickedest Man In the World"' or called the BEAST?
Many of us are educated about his background and will not be deceived. I will never make a fool of myself because I will never follow a demon's messages.
Believe me, I am not threatened by you. I am just very concerned about the spirits you are now in communication with.

So why do you believe I am channeling the guardian spirit of the wickedest beast in the world? I find this nothing less than comical you would think this of me. Am I really that unique from everyone that I am channeling this?.....as appose to other people who channel what?
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved   Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:23 am

I don't know who you are channeling. I have asked which spirit you are in contact with.

So, what exactly is your view about Crowley?
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

PostSubject: Re: Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved   Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:17 am

That's right you don't know. So don't mention it's dubbed the beast and that I get my spiritual wisdom from the one known as 'the most wicked in the world'.

And I quote
Linda wrote:
A man who had a small band of followers that carried out sex magick under the influence of drugs with stories of drug induced 'bestial orgies' and 'satanic rituals' ?

I will never make a fool of myself because I will never follow a demon's messages.
Believe me, I am not threatened by you. I am just very concerned about the spirits you are now in communication with.

That's a blatant insinuation. Then you have the nerve to ask me who I am channeling......Who are you to ask me what I am in contact with after you just told me what it was?

If I changed (I change all the time it's normal) since I contacted a spirit. Why did I only change after I made a post where I disagreed with you where I debated something. Before that you told me I have the patience of a saint on this forum. That was after the spirit thing...The no substance spirit straw man argument that Michael used to ban me.

And now suddenly I'm just full of rage cause a spirit (conveniently) defeated me and I've changed in your view. Cause I disagreed. Is it possible to get past this ridiculous suspicion, the wild speculation and realize that I'm not possessed that you have nothing to base that on. That I'm not trying to destroy people..

Come on it's ridiculous get some perspective I'm not that advanced even if I was channeling aleister crowleys wicked alien big head friend that he drew.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved   Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:52 pm

Dean Plejaren wrote:
That's right you don't know. So don't mention it's dubbed the beast and that I get my spiritual wisdom from the one known as 'the most wicked in the world'.

And I quote
Linda wrote:

I will never make a fool of myself because I will never follow a demon's messages.

That's a blatant insinuation. Then you have the nerve to ask me who I am channeling......Who are you to ask me what I am in contact with after you just told me what it was?

If I changed (I change all the time it's normal) since I contacted a spirit. Why did I only change after I made a post where I disagreed with you where I debated something. Before that you told me I have the patience of a saint on this forum. That was after the spirit thing...The no substance spirit straw man argument that Michael used to ban me.

And now suddenly I'm just full of rage cause a spirit (conveniently) defeated me and I've changed in your view. Cause I disagreed. Is it possible to get past this ridiculous suspicion, the wild speculation and realize that I'm not possessed that you have nothing to base that on. That I'm not trying to destroy people..

Come on it's ridiculous get some perspective I'm not that advanced even if I was channeling aleister crowleys wicked alien big head friend that he drew.

That's right, I don't know, but I question why you won't reveal who it is.
When I see someone fly off the handle and use the F word and then states that clearly lucifer is the greatest opportunity and is the light intelligence who is not evil, I see someone who is deceived because they think they 'know' it all.

Those of us who have educated ourselves about the nwo agenda and the place lucifer wants to take can see what has happened to many people even if they don't realize it.

You can follow me around on all the threads and call me silly or ridiculous or that I am in 'fear', but I will never come to your way of thinking or follow the destroyer.
I have nothing to explain to you and I will never ask you what spirit you are in contact with any longer. Makes no difference anymore.
Let people figure it out on their own. I will not go around and around with you. Your attacks on me are useless because I have plently of experience being up against some of the best (worse) in the flesh.
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

PostSubject: Re: Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved   Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:58 pm

You don't understand my beliefs you only think you understand what I said when you don't it's foolish. When I explain it after you have attacked what I post. Cause you are the one that follows me around the threads.....Then you complain 'oh you think you know everything'.....But I'm not forcing anything you keep replying to me about it....

You question why I don't reveal what spirit, as if it means anything. But then you say it makes no difference what spirit.....

You are just full of hypocrisy all the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved   Drug Made In Milk of Altered Goats Is Approved Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1