the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Milk - not all is bad nor good

Go down 
+2
Anchor
3rdEye
6 posters
AuthorMessage
3rdEye
3rdEye

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Milk - not all is bad nor good Empty
PostSubject: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:23 am

Thought I would share some of my findings about Milk. Most of us are probably aware about the dangers of dairy products. For example dairy products being some of the most contaminated (wether it is organic or not). Dairy milk contains about 59 active hormones, scores of allergens, fat and cholesterol.

Most cow's milk has measurable quantities of herbicides, pesticides, dioxins (up to 200 times the safe levels), up to 52 powerful antibiotics (perhaps 53, with LS-50), blood, pus, feces, bacteria and viruses. (Cow's milk can have traces of anything the cow ate... including such things as radioactive fallout from nuke testing ... (the 50's strontium-90 problem). You can find more information about this at: http://www.rense.com/general26/milk.htm

So I decided to switch to Soy Milk. Not such a good choice as it seems. Soy slows and sometimes cease the uptake of minerals and proteins by the digestive tract. Infants exclusively fed soy formula receive the estrogenic equivalent of at least five birth control pills per day. Soy Milk can also increase the risk of diseases and cancers of the thyroid gland. The list actually goes on - so if I was you, I would contribute to your health by putting oat, rice, hemp or almond milk on your cereal.

Some links you can look at are:
http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/03summary.htm
http://www.frot.co.nz/dietnet/basics/soy.htm
http://agriculturesociety.wordpress.com/2008/04/22/beware-of-the-dangers-of-soy/

Let me know what you think - I personally enjoy Oat and Almond milk. Rice milk doesn't appeal to me and haven't had the pleasure of drinking Hemp milk. Apparently you don't get high from it either.

Oat Milk: http://nutrition.suite101.com/article.cfm/oat_milk
Almond Milk: http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/almond-milk-1414.html
Hemp Milk: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07123/782900-34.stm
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:24 am

You've done some good research here!

Certainly worth avoiding milk - you will get no argument from me there.

We drink Soy Milk - the kind we drink (out of the many kinds available) is Organic and comprised of just soy + water, and this is in very small quantities per day. Tea mainly - another habit to kick.

We have noticed that there are many varieties of Soy Milk on the shelves each with their own additives and extra's that try to increase the "milk" appeal. I would hazard a guess that these kinds are more harmful that the type we chose.

My SO reminds me that Soy Milk is considered by some good for menopausal women for precisely the same reason you gave for it being bad for babies :)

Oh and my cereal - organic toasted muesli That gets pure water. Put the water on before and let it soak in - add some raisins or currents for sweetness. ...an acquired taste.

For people that can't stomach that idea - then your alternatives, (Oat/Almond/Hemp) certainly look interesting.

A..
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:55 am

I would not touch anything with soy milk because it is dangerous. I stopped drinking any milk about 15 years ago and am perfectly healthy.
You can get what you need from the sun.
My motto is -what did the ancient people do?
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:20 pm

hi 3rd eye great post........and yes it´s true what you said here....good research......the only thing is the oat milk.....actually oats are an acid food....and so oatmilk is also acid forming...... although any processed food that comes in a package is acid forming.........and an acid system is what creates disease.....really the only healthy grains are sprouted grains.......

****hi swami.....havin fun here ???? i notice you like to visit alot.......gives you ideas for new threads !!!! bravo-009 ******
Back to top Go down
3rdEye
3rdEye

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:01 am

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, Zuni, you are very right about the acid forming oats! Although it is fairly moderately forming - we need to balance somehow! Apparently the ratio for alkaline to acid is about 60 40 for normal people and for people recovering from an unhealthy life style about 80 20. However, exercise causes more acid in your system... who would of thought exercise could be sort of bad! I am going to post some info on Alkaline vs Acid or both.... stay tuned, this is pretty interesting stuff and I found some great sites.

fired up
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:51 am

hi third eye i wanted to mention that frsh milk form mountian goats or sheep is very good for you......but i mean fresh from the animal....milk it then drink(must always be drank raw) .....it has all the good enzimes and nutriens.....but again it must be an anomal that is feed wild greens far away from civilazation......in that case the body can survive on one glass a day......it´s that nutritious.........
Back to top Go down
3rdEye
3rdEye

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:23 am

Heya Zuni,
After switching to alternative dairy not sure if I could do dairy from an animal again - for me now it feels un-natural. I still eat meat however, which I am slowly bringing myself off... the smell of milk now makes me feel ill - especially that smell when you walk past a coffee shop!
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

Number of posts : 94
Humor : available upon request

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:57 pm

anchor, the soy milk isnt such a good choice since soy products are high in fluoride, aluminum and glutamate. russell blaylock (im a big fan of his, so excuse my enthusiasm for him claims) claims that soy contains a neurotoxin (glutamate/ high levels of naturally occuring MSG). one could argue that the japanese eat soy, but according to him, they really dont consume that much of it. additionally, japanese eat plenty of fish which contains taurine. taurine prevents MSG from entering the brain cells via the blood-brain barrier.

the Silk brand, which is made with organic soybeans, still could be cross-contaminated with GE soy (the Silk brand is made in the US). happens all the time, and last i read from an organic e-newsletter, 89% of US soy is GE.

if you are someone who believes that MSG/glutamic acid is bad for you, then youll want to read many of these alternative milk labels. almond breeze, which makes almond milk here in the US, has carageenan in it (bad) and some other brands have that mystery ingredient known as "natural flavors". usually its MSG in some form. organic brands can still label it as organic if its from an organic source. natural does not mean safe. it means it originated from nature. thats it. one can dig up arsenic from the ground and label it as "natural".

i drink rice dream brand rice milk-- the regular flavor one. the vanilla has "natural flavors". when making homemade ice cream, ive had no problems with substituting this in lieu of regular milk (ive got no choice but to use heavy cream, though). ice cream texture is fine.

if interested in making your own, ive got a link below for recipes. the only basic ingredients needed are rice and water. its apparently easy, from what i read on an old rense.com article.

http://nomilk.com/ricemilk.txt
you also can have peace of mind that the water you add isnt fluoridated or has dissolved synthetic pharmaceutical drugs in it.

oh-- heres the rense article:

http://www.rense.com/products/recipes.htm
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:57 pm

You are probably right, but I am addicted to milk. This is almost as bad as when I read about some gross facts about chocolate milk in my college newspaper. It talked about how the

automatic pumps keep pumping even when all of the cows milk is gone, and it keeps pumping and pumping. Thus the utters get infected and full of puss. This puss is then sucked out as well

into the bigger batches, but it technically is not considered bad your you, lol, so they sell it anyways. The only thing is the batch is a yellow color, so what do they do? They throw in a

little chocolate and their you go mmmmm Chocolate milk!!! I stopped drinking it after I read this. I heard this other gross story about ketcup as well but I dont want to remind myself. Yummmy!!
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:57 pm

orphan:
you can find organic milk and then simply stir in your own organic chocolate syrup. just be sure to read the label, as several milk manufacturers add in carageenan or other ingredients which arent so good for you.

annies naturals ketchup which i thought was very good. it is corn syrup free and has no MSG ingredients. no watery settlement on the top, either (like the old heinz commercials). you might want to give that brand a try.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:59 am

bilder:
Yeah, I will definitely give that ketchup a try. My friends dad was some high up who worked for heinz ketchup. He told me how nasty the factories were and how, I dont remember the exact situation, but their were maggots all in the ketchup for whatever reason and nothing was every done about it! He told me this as I was putting ketchup on my burger too. lol, This was back in the early ninties though. Hopefully things are different.
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:07 am

horrific things can go on at big factories, thats for sure. one of the benefits of "this" ending is that those factories will go bust and people will start over by going to local markets. local farmers who take pride in preparing/growing their food will set a new example of honoring our food from nature.

"think positive, dude!" -that surfer guy in the movie platoon :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milk - not all is bad nor good   Milk - not all is bad nor good Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Milk - not all is bad nor good
Page 1 of 1