the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually. Empty
PostSubject: What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually.   What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 9:04 pm

I tried googlying this but found for me it did not give me the most straight out answer. I thought google would come up with a particular city but unless i did something wrong I found it very frustrating to get an answer to this. I thought it could have been Seattle, seems I was wrong on that score, but I suppose I wanted to omit the hot countries with muggy rain, I wanted cities with cold rain if that makes sense. scratch

Having lived in a relatively hot place all my life I would like to spend six months in the wettest, cold wet, place for a darn change. xo
Back to top Go down
nobady

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually.   What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:28 am

well this one is close from where you live

Quote :
Mount Bellenden Ker

Mount Bellenden Ker (1593 m/5225 ft) is the second highest mountain in Queensland, Australia. It is named after the botanist John Bellenden Ker Gawler. Located 60 km south of Cairns near Babinda, it is adjacent to Mount Bartle Frere, the state's highest peak. Several television transmitter towers have been built on the mountain

Rainfall records

The rain gauge at its summit records an annual average rainfall of 8312 mm (327.2 in), making it the wettest meteorological station in Australia. It also holds the record for the highest rainfall in a calendar year of 12461 mm (490.6 in) in 2000 and the highest rainfall in Australia for a calendar month of 5387 mm (212.1 in) in January 1979.[1]

In 2006, the mountain received more rainfall, 9,800 mm (390 in) than any other part of Australia.[2] This was primarily due to two severe tropical cyclones passing close to the mountain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Bellenden_Ker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually.   What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:53 am

Welcome nobady to our forum. Look forward to your posts and input. It is always great when someone joins the circle of love.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually.   What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:15 am

Holy that is alot of rain!!
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually.   What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:56 pm

Thank you nobady, I will find that place on my google map and get a good look at the place.

Thanks again. flower
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually.   What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 10:26 am

I dont know the pure rainfall facts but in the last Typhoon that occured in certain parts of Taiwan they recieved a mega dousing of rain to the magnitude of in some locations being over 1000ml in a weekend I dunno

And life is going on as per normal there sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually.   What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What city or town in the world gets the most rain annually.
Page 1 of 1