the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The purpose of Christianity

Go down 
+6
WineHippie
LongHunter
Gabriel
Anchor
Linda
Dean Plejaren
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dean Plejaren

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-01-28

The purpose of Christianity Empty
PostSubject: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:43 am

I believe the purpose of Christianity among many things is a religion from paganism created for those that are not ready to face the evil dark part of god. A religion that makes it ok for god not to be Satan. So then all the suffering can easily be blamed on something that is not god without them freaking out. Something to dump everything on. Which is neither a bad or good thing just a coping mechanism for things not understood.

Wikipedia wrote:
Lucifer is a name frequently given to Satan in Christian belief. This usage as a reference to a fallen angel stems from a particular interpretation of a passage in the Bible (Isaiah 14:3-20) that speaks of someone who is given the name of "Day Star" or "Morning Star" (in Latin, Lucifer) as fallen from heaven. The same Latin word is used of the morning star in 2 Peter 1:19 and elsewhere with no relation to Satan. However, in many writings later than those of the Bible the Latin word has been used, without being translated as "Morning Star" and the like, as a proper name with which to designate Satan.

In Latin, the word "Lucifer", meaning "Light-Bringer" (from lux, lucis, "light", and ferre, "to bear, bring"), is a name for the "Morning Star" (the planet Venus in its dawn appearances).[2] The Latin Vulgate version of the Bible used this word twice to refer to the Morning Star: once in 2 Peter 1:19 to translate the Greek word "Φωσφόρος" (Phosphoros),[3] which has exactly the same literal meaning of "Light-Bringer" that "Lucifer" has in Latin; and once in Isaiah 14:12 to translate "הילל" (Hêlēl), which also means "Morning Star". In the latter passage the title of "Morning Star" is given to the tyrannous Babylonian king, who the prophet says is destined to fall. This passage was later applied to the prince of the demons, and so the name "Lucifer" came to be used for Satan,
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:24 pm

Perhaps the orginial purpose of Christianity was really designed to become "Christlike" as individuals without the religion or any church.

Maybe that way we could BE READY to face the evil dark part of that other false god, lucifer who is making himself known as the 'intelligent' one everywhere that we look.

Something to think about...
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Dean Plejaren

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 pm

Linda that is how most people already see it. That's why I posted this thread.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Linda:

If one entertains the concepts of good and evil, and also the concept of a God (the creator) additionally one must realise that good and evil are both part of the infinite whole that was "created".

How did that happen?

My personal thinking on this is largely informed by the Law Of One. All is One. It is our freewill that enables such potentials as "Good" and "Evil" to be manifest - very little to do with God per se, since freewill is declared inviolable and therefore we have to take responsibility (karma) for what we decide to do as enabled by our freewill, and manifest according to universal law.

A..
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:03 am

I don't think I made my point very clear....I will start my own thread to discuss it soon. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:16 am

Linda wrote:
Perhaps the orginial purpose of Christianity was really designed to become "Christlike" as individuals without the religion or any church.

Maybe that way we could BE READY to face the evil dark part of that other false god, lucifer who is making himself known as the 'intelligent' one everywhere that we look.

Something to think about...

I agree with you Linda. Christianity was originally just a way to have a personal relationship with God without the need of a priest or some organized set of rituals. Anyone can find God at any time anywhere they are at, all it takes is the want to.
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

Number of posts : 562
Humor : If necessary
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:30 pm

Don't need a Religion, I have Mother Nature.

And She is always around me.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:39 pm

You are so right LongHunter! toast
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Linda wrote:

Nature can always be counted upon to be just what it is. Even attempting to describe this wonder in words is only out of fondness and never in text or set rules.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 1:07 pm

LongHunter wrote:
Linda wrote:

Nature can always be counted upon to be just what it is. Even attempting to describe this wonder in words is only out of fondness and never in text or set rules.

which is precisely why i have opted out of concrete
and begun sleeping on the earth......
going to sleep and rising with the sun...
listening for signs of which way to go...
eating food and drinking water from the source...
contemplating the night sky...
i feel that since i am further away from the interfering
energies of "too much all at once", i can connect with
a higher consciousness easier, now i am learning to
listen, not just hear.....

as for christianity, to each his own; i can stipulate that
christ was a master teacher, but the organization part
of religion turns me off, it tries to control and does not
tell the truth
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 1:11 pm

WineHippie wrote:
LongHunter wrote:
Linda wrote:

which is precisely why i have opted out of concrete
and begun sleeping on the earth......
going to sleep and rising with the sun...
listening for signs of which way to go...
eating food and drinking water from the source...
contemplating the night sky...
i feel that since i am further away from the interfering
energies of "too much all at once", i can connect with
a higher consciousness easier, now i am learning to
listen, not just hear.....

In a tent or sleeping bag atop a soft bed of Pine needles in the Uplands and I'll sleep fine.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Quote :
tell the truth
WineHippie said: clapping

You have summed up my feelings in this wonderful small sentence. People could write books and not have nailed it any better.

The other thing that pisses me off with it is the giving tithes to the church. Look at the wealthiest organizations in the world. First two are corporations, the next three are Morman Church, Baptist Church, Catholic Church.

Much prefer to give to the needy, not the greedy.

toast
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 3:58 pm

micjer wrote:
Quote :
tell the truth
WineHippie said: clapping

You have summed up my feelings in this wonderful small sentence. People could write books and not have nailed it any better.

The other thing that pisses me off with it is the giving tithes to the church. Look at the wealthiest organizations in the world. First two are corporations, the next three are Morman Church, Baptist Church, Catholic Church.

Much prefer to give to the needy, not the greedy.

toast

thanks for validation, micjer... i spotted the hypocrisy when i
was a teenager still going to church on the campus of
an all girls' catholic boarding school....

i saw how rich the church was

i saw how poor the people were who lived near our dormitory...

i heard the sermons about charity

i put my money in the long-handled basket

and i thought

why not sell off some of your gold and antiquities
and fancy robes and premier properties to feed
these people? then i asked the reverand mother
if i could spend sunday mass time outside by myself,
praying. she said, no, that's not how it works. then
i asked if i could go to a friends' church. boy, you
shoulda seen the paperwork involved in THAT request,
had to get special dispensation from pastor, good grief.

nope, hypocrisy doesn't work for me... the bells and
whistles go off and red flags start waving - i won't
have any part of it

now, as to the concept of "tithing", i get that, in its
pure form, as a personal way to give to others with
nothing expected in return, to serve to loosen the
hold money might have over a person, to keep the flow
of the energy of money fluid... like other great ideas,
this one has been hijacked by the dark side and the
sheeple don't know the difference
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:19 pm

Thanks for sharing this WH,

I am certain that the PTB have manipulated the message of Jesus to create a religion to suppress the truth. Enter the fear factor and not to question what they tell us, keeps many good people walking along with their heads down.

There many church symbols and building designs that really give me the creeps when you start looking at the big picture of reality. Some of the gothic churches, the statues, the vatican, the popes' headgear are all good examples.

The purpose of Christianity Wolf-sheep

The purpose of Christianity Vatican2b

The purpose of Christianity C-10

http://jordanmaxwell.com/articles/questions/index.html
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 1:31 pm

ok.. that last picture of the current pope..

dang he freaks me out

my poor mother who is catholic to the roots just found out some things about her church and how the money works
very sad at 87 she shouldn't have to be so upset...

i always thought that the catholic relegion (in which i was raised) was created to dominate women to remove thieir power and thier wealth and their ability to just be....and it seems that the rest of them/ religions followed suit...the church totally wiped out the wise women of the earth..the healers by calling them witches and having them comdemned
laws saying they couldn't perform in front of an altar..that they were second to men..that they needed premission..
grrrrrrrrrr..walking away religion always pisses me off...sorry
Back to top Go down
pilgrim

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:53 pm

[now, as to the concept of "tithing", i get that, in its
pure form, as a personal way to give to others with
nothing expected in return, to serve to loosen the
hold money might have over a person, to keep the flow
of the energy of money fluid... like other great ideas,
this one has been hijacked by the dark side and the
sheeple don't know the difference
]

Totally agree with that WH.
But like Sky, talking religion just gets my dander up and I was also a catholic.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:53 pm

Ahh, good old Christianity. This is a huge tangent. But I always played devils adovcate when I was a kid and my mom is a big time Christian. So I was trying to defend Lucifer this one time,

yes I know, thats just wrong, but at the time I wanted to be a lawyer, plus I was a smartass. This was back in my jr. high days for your information. Anyway, I made up this huge story

about how this lost scroll was found and in this scroll new texts were found that stated that God knew that without absolute evil/hate there could not be absolute good/love. So he turned to his favorite angel, Lucifer, and asked him to take upon the highest favor upon

favors in which would instill pure good/love into the universe. Lucifer told God whatever you wish and God asked him to become absolute evil, in order for there to be absolute good. God could trust no one else to take on this task. lol. She was pissed! Funny thing was for two seconds she almost bought it but I didnt really know much at the time about the bible and

her counter attack kind of took me out. The funny thing is these family debates still go on about good old Christianity, I cant help it. Its really easy to establish an argument when the only real defense you need is "Hey, God works in mysterious ways." And thats how Christianity has become, a tool one can use too manipulate people. I mean come on! Mysterious ways is your answer. Maybe thats bc the Bible is really a Mystery Novel. lol jk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The purpose of Christianity   The purpose of Christianity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The purpose of Christianity
Page 1 of 1