the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should they be coated with pancake syrup -

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LongHunter
LongHunter

Number of posts : 562
Humor : If necessary
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Should they be coated with pancake syrup - Empty
PostSubject: Should they be coated with pancake syrup -   Should they be coated with pancake syrup - Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 5:33 pm

then staked out over a big mound-like colony of large stinging and biting Ants ?

Betrayal !

I rarely ever talk about my Monday through Friday strife at the workplace, but being a family man having to submit 40 hours of myself each week at a place of employment with questionable ethics in order to keep an household going I cannot deny that work is a big part of my life.

A halfway decent paying job with benefits (medical,retirement, sick,family and vacation leave) I have no plans to leave, having a good many years there. Yet like so many other places, upper management is lacking in fairness, good ethics and scruples.

We do have a union, I joined about 6 years ago after a few incidents which occured at work. It was at a time shortly after when the old Local President was ousted for embezzling. We had a new President, not only was she our leader, but a childhood friend as well..
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Should they be coated with pancake syrup -   Should they be coated with pancake syrup - Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:21 pm

Did they make him pay back the money?
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: Should they be coated with pancake syrup -   Should they be coated with pancake syrup - Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:31 pm

I will not revel the name of this Labor Union, but for the first three years there was a sense of brother and sisterhood and our people really stuck their necks out for each other, thus righting wrongs, saving jobs and providing comfort in knowing there existed safety in our numbers.

I more or less recruited several members from my department, where we opted not for a shop steward but instead all of us being as equals. For three years we fought battles and won or at least broke even. Our president, my old friend who works in another department got into a jam and was unjustly fired. The Local as a whole came together in support and through our endeavors got her job back. After that she and her administration changed. Instead of US, OUR or WE, it became HER, MY and ME. She became somewhat as a ruler instead of an elected official. Although it was believed we voted her out, she won the election.

Time went on but a good third of our members had dropped out after the election and our president seemed to have ill feelings for many of us. During the last year she can not be reached, our Local meetings have ceased and it was hard to contact any of her administration except for some bullshitting mouthpiece that would put us off until a time which never came. Without central support my brothers and I in our department still band together.

Calling the national office, I was told all union members in our eastern district where my old childhood friend was president would be getting a letter in the mail, and it came.

The letter stated, our Local had lost it's charter 3 years ago and more or less stated our Union President and her administration had been still collecting our dues and using these funds for their own personal use.

Yesterday I got another letter from the Union that stated we have a new president and administration and offered a phone number which I called earlier this evening. He confirmed that my childhood friend and the other people in her administration whom I trusted had indeed been ripping us off for a three year period, but this Kat went blank when I asked him why it took a few years to hip my co-workers and self of this ? Thousands upon thousands of dollars.

She was running a bogus un-chartered Local and still has not been prosecuted. Something fishy is going on. Since this has been reveled she has faked an injury and is currently out on workmen's comp, no doubt living large on stolen trust.

I'm calling a labor lawyer tomorrow about not only her but the the Union as a national whole as well.

I realize a lot of these Labor organizations have became dirty over the years, that's a given, but to have someone whom I've grown up with use me during the last 3 years to recruit my co-workers whom she's been ripping off has left me somewhat upset.

She lives only several miles from me and we're bound to run into each other somewhere soon. I'm not a violent person, but dread what may come out of my mouth at such an encounter.

Last edited by LongHunter on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

PostSubject: Re: Should they be coated with pancake syrup -   Should they be coated with pancake syrup - Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:41 pm

micjer wrote:

We were told he did, but all we had was their word, we saw nothing in the local press about it nor was it in our Union publications.

I'm thinking crooks, and that in itself is sad.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Should they be coated with pancake syrup -   Should they be coated with pancake syrup - Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:17 pm

LongHunter wrote:
micjer wrote:

We were told he did, but all we had was their word, we saw nothing in the local press about it nor was it in our Union publications.

I'm thinking crooks, and that in itself is sad.

From past experience, I have found that most, not all, union officials in the upper strata are
nothing more than 'wannabe' politicians. Egotistical and bent as a 9 dollar note.
Go get 'em LH. swordsman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should they be coated with pancake syrup -   Should they be coated with pancake syrup - Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should they be coated with pancake syrup -
Page 1 of 1