the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UPDATE ON MY MOM.

Go down 
+7
sky otter
WineHippie
Reunite
mntruthseeker
Northern Boy
Lightning222
Gabriel
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 12:50 pm

Thank you biggs for your prayers and the info about assisted care. I have a lot to do and think about the next few weeks.

My Mom just showed up so she is ok for now. Thanks for all prayer.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 pm

Dear brother, I know this is a very difficult time because my dear Mom went through many changes with her Alzheimer's.

I found that by researching and understanding the next stages to be expected, that it was the only way for me to cope and to accept my new Mom.

I put myself in her shoes and asked how I would want to be treated. I wanted to remember my Mom on how she use to be and to accept what she has now become.
She was no longer capable of the normal things we take for granted and therefore I had to become her mother and watch over her at all times like an infant. She was innocent and very frightened.

I realized that I could not help to stop this strange behavior, and that I had to actually change my own attitude and decide how I was going to deal with this horrifying illness.

She was no longer operating with her previous mind, but I knew that her loving spirit was still in there. I prayed for the strength to have the patience of a saint, be loving and to always treat her with the utmost dignity that she deserved......no matter what she did.

Most of my family could not cope at times and were exhausted and/or became irritated, but it was not her fault for acting crazy. It was the disease. She needed comfort and hugs and I needed acceptance.

Please ask God to give you the strength you will need during this journey.
We kept her at home and it was a full time job that we all agreed to. If you cannot do that, then you do have other options to look into as Biggs said.
Either way will be the right decision, but only you can decide sweet brother.
My heart goes out to you and I shall pray for the both of you to find peace during these trying times.
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Thank you Linda, and of course all you said is correct. I have of course tried to be as patient as possible with her, but I still need to adjust more for her benefit. This I am sure I will be able to do. Your prayers are much appreciated and your advice is golden. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:27 pm

I am glad your mother has returned. I truly hope things work out for you but Biggles suggestion might be hard to take but its exactly what I did do for my mother. I was afraid she would burn the house down or not return on her disapearing acts. She ran away from a care center once and they threathened me with taking me to court to remove her from my care.

Adult protection was about to step in and that is something I just couldn't handle
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Thank you for your good advice mn.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Gabe my prayers are with you and your mother.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:55 am

Gabe,

It's her soul's decision now. Cherish your memories of your mom in her happiest moments.

UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 308257
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:38 am

Reunite wrote:
Gabe my prayers are with you and your mother.

Thanks reuniteR.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:39 am

gabe, the "contract" between you and Dee is being fulfilled...
she is teaching you something and you are teaching her....
remember that what is happening is not as important as
how you respond - you come from a place of love which is
becoming acceptance - well done! i hold the thought that
you will know what to do as events progress, holding out
for the best for everyone involved - your spirit will guide
you as it always has, simply listen
you are such an inspiration to me
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:51 am

WineHippie wrote:
gabe, the "contract" between you and Dee is being fulfilled...
she is teaching you something and you are teaching her....
remember that what is happening is not as important as
how you respond - you come from a place of love which is
becoming acceptance - well done! i hold the thought that
you will know what to do as events progress, holding out
for the best for everyone involved - your spirit will guide
you as it always has, simply listen
you are such an inspiration to me

Thank you dear sister, as you inspire me and always have. I have done a lot of praying and meditation about this difficult situation as I am sure you know. Yesterday I gained a great flood of peace into my soul about my Mom's condition. I am no longer worried about her. My problem was that my love and concern for her became "worry", and that is the enemy of every good thing, so I have learned to place her in the hand of God by not worrying about her, and thereby showing God I believe him more than I do me.

This has brought me a great peace now in these troubled waters, I have learned to love without worry.

Thank you sister for being there.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:54 am

i love you, gabe hugcc
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:57 am

And the same to you my dear sister.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 11:08 am

It is hard to watch our love ones age. When their "computers" malfuncation they say and do things that are really not themselves.

My dad has early alzeimers and is becoming more and more forgetful. He is in a home in another city so I don't get to visit as often as I would like. Between the meds and the disease (which came first I wonder) he is worse each time I see him.

It is nature's way to have an illness but it is man's intervention that worsens things. The doctors have him taking 7 or 8 different meds a day. No wonder they are building new drug stores everywhere with an aging population.

It is especially hard to be an Observer of the process especially when it hits close to home.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Yes mic the process of aging is a sad thing to see indeed, sorry to hear about your dad and hope he is doing as good as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE ON MY MOM.   UPDATE ON MY MOM. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UPDATE ON MY MOM.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2