the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud

Go down 
+2
Reunite
sky otter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud Empty
PostSubject: Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud   Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:08 pm

raincloud

Australia 'uranium' dust concerns
By Phil Mercer
BBC News, Sydney

People across NSW and Queensland awoke last week to a Mars like scene
Environmentalists have raised concerns that another giant dust storm blowing its way across eastern Australia may contain radioactive particles.

It is argued that sediment whipped up from Australia's centre may be laced with material from a uranium mine.

Scientists have played down concerns, saying there is little to worry about.

Last Wednesday Sydney and Brisbane bore witness to their biggest dust storm in 70 years. Both were shrouded in red dust blown in from the desert outback.

The massive clouds of dust that choked heavily populated parts of Australia have caused problems for people with asthma, as well as those with heart and lung conditions.
But some environmental campaigners believe that the dry, metallic-tasting sediment could threaten the health of millions of other Australians.

David Bradbury, a renowned filmmaker and activist, claims the haze that engulfed some of the country's biggest cities in the past week contains radioactive grains - or tailings - carried on gale force winds from a mine in the South Australian desert.

"Given the dust storms... which [the] news said originated from Woomera, and which is right next door to the Olympic Dam mine at Roxby Downs, these [storms] could blow those tailings across the face of Australia," Mr Bradbury asserted.

Mining companies have stressed that dust levels are carefully monitored, while the health concerns have been dismissed by a senior environmental toxicologist.

Barry Noller from the University of Queensland says that many of the particles from mines in the outback are simply too heavy to be carried by the wind over long distances.

"In a big dust storm, the dust is not going to come from one isolated site, it is going to be mixed in with dust from a [wide] area and diluted considerably," Mr Noller said.

The latest murky haze that spread over parts of Queensland at the weekend is dissipating and weather forecasters say it should soon start to move out to sea.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8277924.stm
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud   Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:42 pm

I'm not to worried about the radioactive particles, I've built up my immune system with all the chemtrails they've sprayed.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud   Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:49 am

Thats the spirit!

Even if it is radioactive, GOOD! I hope the excess of chaotic energy goes to helping my DNA get on and reorganize itself quicker.

I am not that worried about it either :)

A..
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud   Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:16 am

Wow! Just think of the money you'll save on flashlight batteries... sunny This makes me wonder if there are any signs of underground drilling (besides the ummm mines) happening in the area.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud   Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:33 am

I initially took this whole news article with a grain of red dust as I still do lol!

But what is interesting is that in this article the author talks of *woomera*, well first I heard of that but to be honest I have not been following this news piece but woomera I have been following with a great deal of interest!

Someone on ATS from Western Australia was talking about seeing many bright lights in the sky off the coast same week.. there is a US naval base close by which this person didn't know about. scratch

What I had read was the dust storm had a lot of iron oxide particles in it which would be a perfect backscatter for OTHR scratch

I didn't want to spend time on this topic researching as these things happen but there's a few events and news article all at the same time which make it nice little side project :D

You live when you live and exit by a trumpet cheers
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud   Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:38 pm

flower

Soma

isn't it just interesting how you think you have pieces to different puzzles
and then find you don't...
that all the puzzles are one...

BigSmile2
Back to top Go down
day
day

Number of posts : 1193
Humor : dry, witty
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud   Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 4:00 pm

Somamech wrote:
I initially took this whole news article with a grain of red dust as I still do lol!

But what is interesting is that in this article the author talks of *woomera*, well first I heard of that but to be honest I have not been following this news piece but woomera I have been following with a great deal of interest!

Someone on ATS from Western Australia was talking about seeing many bright lights in the sky off the coast same week.. there is a US naval base close by which this person didn't know about. scratch

What I had read was the dust storm had a lot of iron oxide particles in it which would be a perfect backscatter for OTHR scratch

I didn't want to spend time on this topic researching as these things happen but there's a few events and news article all at the same time which make it nice little side project :D

You live when you live and exit by a trumpet cheers

Soma ---- do you have an article reporting the iron oxide content? I will search in the meantime ..

thanks sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud   Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Australia 'uranium' dust -red cloud
Page 1 of 1