the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fasting

Go down 
+4
bilderburger w/cheese
zuni
Ojcar
Anchor
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Just finished my second fast ever - 28hrs with just water, lots of it :)

Is there anyone here that can give some good hints on fasting ?
Back to top Go down
Ojcar

Number of posts : 68

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:20 am

zuni is a veteran expert, ask her. she has lots of knowledge about it on healing ans such things.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 7:36 pm

yes ojcar i do have alot of experience with fasting you know my story.....actually fasting saved my life.......i´ll explain tomorrow.........
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 3:29 pm

hi anchor....i happen to have alot of expirience with fasting.......i started studying fasting cures when i lived with some healers on a homestead in texas........i studied with them for about 9 months....at that time i was studying and combining medicinal herbs.......

after i moved to asia for a year and experimented on myself and others..........at this time i was only doing 10 day fasts with juice and aruvadic saltwater flushes..........after when i came back to california to work on a farm i had a terrible staph infection.......and some type of intestinal parisites.......so i had decided to do a master cleanse because i had to keep working.....that was my first longer cleanse.....it lasted 21 days.........and i used no herbs at that time i was helping other friends learn more about cleansing and stayed with a person addicted to drugs and took care of him while he fasted 13 days.....and that was a bit different to take care of someone while they are detoxing off a very sirius crystal meth addiction .......and i was a bit nervous because of the shaking and the fits and all of the sickness.......but all went well and he ened up happy and healthy............and i really admired that person for having internal strength to heal himself........and break free from the addiction......

after i moved back to asia and india for a few years and only did a few 10 day fasts with some aruvadic natropaths.........they don´t use herbs but use more hydotherapy.....

after i moved to europe and i kept getting sick........ i became very ill.....actually i was dying of a liver failure as for my liver the healing was a hard road....i do not use pharmacutical medicine or doctors...

so i decided i would heal my liver with juice and water fasts........when i first noticed i was siriously sick i was living near malaga in spain......it was winter and i was camping in a small town called coin........on the rio grande river......i lived totally out side no heat........and i bathed and washed in the river......and i was livin in a tiny one man summer tent.........

around there is loads of orange trees so i decided i would drink only the juice from the oranges i picked....and milk thistel grows wild down there and it´s great for your liver...so for the first two months i just had the orange juice and the greens i picked.....nothing else.....i started to feel better but i had lost alot of weight......so i tried to start eating again but my liver could not process any solid food so i went back to the orange juice and leaf diet......during the warm months i did meny weeks of water only........and in the winter orange juice with spirulina......sprouts i would grow......wild greens i would pick.......and i would grow wheatgrass and make juice out of it....i would spend meny weeks just drinking wheatgrass juice.......and i had also realized that you need to be taking en enema everyday.........and after trying different methods and studying everthing i could get my hands on.........i realized that by drinking to much you can harm yourself........two of the most important things are your water intake (not to much no to little) actuallt no more then 3 8oz glasses because actually you cleanse more twith a drier fast........and it´s so very important to do an enema every evening with one lt. of water.........and to do any true healing you need at least 10 days of fasting.....and that is the minimum because actually it takes that long to clean all of the food out of your intestines......and it´s good to get yourself a skin brush......before you get a shower each day make sure you brush all your skin first........

finally after about 2 years of this i started to be able to eat cooked quinoa, olive oil,and my favorite avacados....... .....i´m okay now but i sill don´t have all of the phisical strength i had before i was sick.....but it is comming back........mostly because i was less active.......i mean i had quit rockclimbing and everything so it´s expected.......and i sill fast atleast 40 days a year........

there are details i´m leaving out but if anyone has questions about anything just ask........i am more then happy to explain......

honestly fasting saved my life.......

Last edited by zuni on Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks, that story is a good read.

For me, I am basically healthy, but it is my belief that I need to fast in order to detox and get "clean" ready for the next phase. I will repeat my 24hr fast this coming Friday and plan to do this regularly each week until my appetite adjusts. I will then probably start to shed my excess weight. (That is where a lot of the toxins are locked up).

Once that is done (maybe 5-10kg's less weight) I will try some more ambitious fasting.

A..
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

Number of posts : 94
Humor : available upon request

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:09 pm

zuni/anchor: what are your thoughts about detoxing with MMS?
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 5:50 pm

hi bbw/c......

actually i´m on mms now....15 drops 2x per day......and it´s working well......i noticed that the wart on my knee is gone.......although it´s hard for me to get it down because the smell and taste is repalsive........i have been at this dose for a week.........i´m also brushing my teeth with it and they feel really clean.........

but the main difference is the emotional effects.....with the mms it´s more phisical........with fasting it´s also emotional.....i mean that you also unload alot of emotional baggage.....and feel a stronger bond with nature and other life.......also when you fast after the first 4 or 5 days you become very spiritualy high........

i think my suggestion would be go through a round of mms to knock out most of toxins.........and after follow it up with a fast.........i don´t feel that mms can take the place of fasting because of the emotional cleanse that is the resault of a fast.......you become more centered and clear and more in tune with nature.........fasting is a very special and important practice........imo....... :lbug:
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 8:28 pm

After reading about it for a couple of months, My wife and I finally decided to do a course of MMS. We purchased a kit from an Australian supplier - will keep you posted. Will do that in a different thread since MMS isnt really about fasting.
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

Number of posts : 94
Humor : available upon request

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:02 pm

anchor: agreed-- i dont like hijacking threads, but when zuni was discussing detoxifying your body, i had to ask. after this post ill look for the other thread.

zuni: thanks for the info... since you have a solid background on fasting/detox, your opinion carries weight.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am

well today is day four of my "fast"

i say "fast " cause i actually i do drink one glass of fresh squeezed orange juice each afternoon........

and techniquely a fast is with water only.........normally thats what i do but this time i need to deal with some things so i can´t go be secluded in the forest......lol......

but i feel great.......and have been enjoying quiet time..........and hanging out with all my baby plants..........

i will continue this oj fast for at least 8 more days ......... usually the longer i go the better i feel......it takes at least ten days just to clean you intestines........and wow even if you fast a few times a year you still have a lot of toxins comming out.........

it is amazing.......
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Gulp - well I am just working my way up to a three day fast.

A..
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:27 pm

you guys are way ahead of me...by the end of hour 15 i have terrible ice cream cravings and cave..what can i say

i really want to do a fast....and i will..i hope..
well if they close the stores so i can't get to the ice cream

New wave of detox diets — are they healthier?
The latest cleanses touted as energizing, slimming and more satisfying

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27088585/

two pages long..just copying a bit here
By Rory Evans

updated 12:41 p.m. ET, Sun., Oct. 19, 2008
Some high-profile celebrities are unabashedly hitting the bottle. No, not hitting the bottle as in they need to check into detox — hitting the bottle as in it’s their way of detoxing. They are juice fasting to cleanse their insides, which presumably improves their outsides by helping them lose weight.

The latest juice-cleanse delivery diets — such as those from Blueprint Cleanse and Organic Avenue — with their potent blends of fresh vegetables, fruits, and spices, promise a renewed vitality and better health.

Last winter, when Gwyneth Paltrow was briefly in a New York hospital, she reportedly took delivery of Organic Avenue’s LOVEfast, which is mainly juice with perhaps a side of seaweed salad. Last summer, Oprah Winfrey blogged about her 21-day cleanse, although — as you might expect of a woman who has publicly regretted going on a drastic four-month-long liquid weight-loss diet 20 years ago — her regimen included solid foods.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:02 pm

Anchor wrote:
Gulp - well I am just working my way up to a three day fast.

A..

thats great...how are you feeling ????

have you heard of the grape cure ???

you drink only fresh grape juice for ten days or more.......

when you first start fasting it´s much easier if you start with a mono liquid diet........
the fresh juice of grapes or oranges works great to get you used to no solid food........
and they are very cleansing........

after you can move onto water fasts much easier........plus with the juice you can still keep very active........

also it´s important to remember to take an enema or a saltwater flush at least once a day when fasting......this make the process much easier........and you can avoid a diffecult healing crisis...... you must get all of those toxins out of your intestines.......
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:07 pm

I am not actually doing a fast right now, but up until last week I was doing 24hr water fasts every Friday (from 13:00 to 13:00 the next day).

Now I re-trying MMS, and am increasing the drops more slowly, I am on 8 drops and scheduled to go to 9 tonight. I am taking it easy because the last experience of MMS was not so good, but then I think I rushed it - and MMS doesnt mix well with Fasting.

The point is that I know I can do a 24hrs water fast no problems now (no headaches or anything like that). The next one I do will be a 72hrs juice fast - but I dont want to be at work when I do it, so I need to wait till a long weekend.

A..
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 3:31 pm

after my experience with mms i don´t think i could hack it again.........

for me fasting is much easier and more natural.......

honestly the mms did not clean out my intestinal track form what i can see......

the longer i took it the worse i felt........

with fasting it is the opposite........i feel better and better each day..........

and it´s good news that you don´t have to work during your next fast.........it´s great to take time for yourself........
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 4:32 pm

well today is day seven of the fast.........and i feel wonderful....so calm and peaceful..........
sunny
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 pm

day 8....

felt totally happy and spiritualy/emotionally high today....physicaly great too.......did´t even want my glass of orange juice today......so i just drank 2 lt. water with a lemon ......felt no weakness ......no hunger......no discomfort what so ever..........i feeling wonderful.......

still cleaning toxins form my intestines.........better out then in....... hehehe

flower
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:04 am

Fasting is awesome, I tried it a couple of times and was blessed by it.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:58 am

yes gabe fasting is awsome.........

day 9 .......water only...............felt great......

day 10.........had some orange juice.........felt great ......did some free climbing.........

days 11 and 12...............one glass of juice afternoon............ felt very high .........plenty of energy.......

day 13..........wild harvested a salad

for 6 days i eat only wild harvested /sprout salads.............
1 day lightly cooked quinoa.............

today i start another fast...........!!!!!!

i feel much higher when i am fasting and when i ate the cooked food it brought me back down........

for now i´m happy to continue with another fast...........
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

Number of posts : 562
Humor : If necessary
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 9:17 pm

Once for 2 weeks, for Spiritual reasons, but that was when I was alot younger. All I consumed during that period was a little fruit juice and enough water to keep me alive.
It was an experience.

Lately I've only been doing day long fasting (24hrs)
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:26 am

The longest fast I was ever able to do was 30 days. I drank water only and lost 30 lbs of weight. This fast also made me seem to be more full of the life force of the spirit and I had a profound knowledge of my connection to the Spirit world.

I would say my life was probably never the same after this fast as it had a profound effect on my world of spirit.

I did this fast in 1983 and have never had the urge to do it since.

But I will always be open to the leading of the Spirit to fast again.

My intention was to fast for 40 days at the start, but after 30 days I felt led to stop.

I have know people LongHunter that have done short fasts and have told me that they think the short fasts are most valuable for different reasons, so there is something to the shorter fasts as well.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 6:57 pm

In my view, the long fasts are a kind of test/affirmation of faith in the sustaining power of the OIC.

It is a goal I have as well, 40days seems to be a magic number, probably because of the bible story about Jesus facing the/his demons in the desert; coupled with the conventional scientific wisdom that it is close to impossible.

I think for me it will be done once the economy has gone and I am free from my daily obligations to work in the city - I would prefer to be in a more purified environment before taking on that challenge.

A..
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Need to be careful here as some medical conditions can be brought on by fasting gout being one of them this I know for sure . And if you have never had it trust me you don`t want it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fasting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fasting   Fasting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fasting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the force is withIN you !!!!!! :: Health :: Alternative Medicine & Healing-
Jump to: