the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future

Go down 
+4
Linda
WineHippie
micjer
sky otter
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Empty
PostSubject: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:50 am

PHOTOS Previous Next
Shari Arison says her spiritual journey has led her to put the fruits of her business empire -- including from Israel's largest bank -- toward making a better world. (Andrea Bruce for The Washington Post)

Shari Arison's father made a fortune with Carnival Cruise Lines. She inherited his Israel holdings when he died in 1999. (Andrea Bruce for The Washington Post)

(By Andy Newman -- Associated Press)

By Howard Schneider
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, August 31, 2009

TEL AVIV The office door has a steel vault veneer, and Shari Arison -- controlling stockholder in Israel's largest bank and its largest construction company, heiress to the Carnival Cruise Lines fortune and head of a long list of other undertakings -- has a lot to protect.

And as with any proper vault, this one is full of surprises.

Fairy figurines fill a knickknack shelf, and paintings of fairies hang from the soft-toned walls. Statues of dolphins leap from a cream-colored carpet, and goldfish gurgle in a tank just behind a chair. A yard-long see-through candleholder with a dozen flickering votives is angled across Arison's desk, looking like it connects to Kabbalah or the Upanishads or Area 51 or Something Larger Than Us, but which she says is there just because.

But the biggest jolt comes from the woman in the executive chair: Arison -- billionaire ($2.7 by Forbes's most recent estimate), perhaps the richest woman in the Middle East, a major force in Israeli philanthropy -- claims that she can see the future.

This is much bigger than a parlor trick. In her new book published this summer in Israel, the 51-year-old Miami native says she felt the Indonesian tsunami sweeping over the land two months before it happened and sensed Hurricane Katrina pummeling New Orleans. In an interview, Arison says she also "saw the writing on the wall" before the global economic crash. Reading about Arison's extrasensory perception makes you ache for a heads-up, maybe a blog entry or a tweet or a phone call to Brownie or Greenspan or somebody who might have helped.

Arison explains that she has finally dropped the fear that has held her back from doing more about what she has perceived. Armed with the insight gained through work with Florida-based psychiatrist Brian Weiss, a proponent of regression therapy and the exploration of (take your pick) deep memories or past lives, she says she is ready to go public with her visions and bring together her spiritual and business goals.

"Dr. Weiss told me during these meetings that one day I will have a significant role in world peace, but at that time I did not know what he was talking about and I could not cope with the idea," Arison writes in "Birth: When the Material and Spiritual Come Together," published in Hebrew as a hybrid memoir, corporate vision statement and collection of speeches. A possible English edition is in negotiation, according to an Arison representative.

"Over the years I suffered much from the visions, the feelings and these messages . . . I prayed they would go away. They brought much pain to my life. This was the preparation for the current phase, the phase in which I am ready to declare what I know with courage and without fear."

Arison says she plans to mobilize her wealth, her companies and, most important, the energy of her accumulated lives to save the human race. As a businesswoman, Arison has an environmental focus -- green building, renewable energy, water management. As a philanthropist and erstwhile spiritual role model, she had already been taking action -- like encouraging good works and promoting the kind of inner harmony she believes will do as much as summit meetings to keep people, and particularly Arabs and Jews, from hurting each other.

Arison and her family are well known in Israel. The name is stamped on public projects throughout the Tel Aviv area in particular, and the Arisons have been major figures in the country's philanthropic community ever since her father, Ted, built his opulent network of floating hotels decades ago. After his death in 1999, Shari Arison inherited his Israel investments, including a stake in the country's largest bank, Bank Hapoalim, and she began emerging in her own right as an Israeli businesswoman.

Her public image has always been built on duality, generating both talk-show gibes and praise for her charity work. There is the Shari Arison who was criticized as heartless in 2002 when the bank laid off 10 percent of its staff, and the Shari Arison who launched the nonprofit Essence of Life in 2001 to help people find their personal peace; the Shari Arison with the house-size yacht and the three divorces -- the latest after her husband was convicted of smooching the domestic help -- and the Shari Arison who mobilizes Israel on Good Deeds Day, on which everyone is encouraged to do at least one nice thing.

Israel, by now, is used to the extremes. The book made a splash with its startling claims about her visions, and has been on the summer's bestseller lists for lifestyle and self-help books.

CONTINUED 1 2 3 Next >

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/30/AR2009083002473.html?hpid=artslot
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:40 am

Nice article. She for one finally has a vision of the future that is not doom and gloom like most other blokes.

I am familiar with Dr. Weiss and his work and I feel he is on the up and up also.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:42 am

yes, well, ahemmmmmmmm.....
mz. arison, how do you stand on the palestinian question?
think you could gettem some water or something?
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!

PostSubject: Re: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:13 am

Exactly WineHippie.
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:49 am

It would be a great place for her to put her money where her mouth is. We'll have to watch and see if she is for peace as she says.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:09 am

i wonder if she has a scar on her face?
remember in one of clif high's reports, the data indicated
such a woman in the future being some sort of saving grace...?
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:15 am

Hmmm it's not hard to make a fortune when you inherit one to work with and all the connections that come along with it. I believe in timelines so predicting the future is like rolling the dice, you might just luck onto the right timeline. Something doesn't smell right in this. Banking...hmmm
Back to top Go down
day
day

Number of posts : 1193
Humor : dry, witty
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:51 pm

Lightning222 wrote:
Hmmm it's not hard to make a fortune when you inherit one to work with and all the connections that come along with it. I believe in timelines so predicting the future is like rolling the dice, you might just luck onto the right timeline. Something doesn't smell right in this. Banking...hmmm

I hope this woman does something for the rise of alcoholism in Israel and the starving and handicapped Palestinians

Winehippie I remember from Cliff High report the possibility that Israel will bomb Iran...lets hope that doesnt happen as this will put radioactive material in the atmosphere that is suppose to circle the globe nine times .....this will mean death for many living things
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:55 pm

day, it seems to me the people of israel will listen to one of their own
before they take an outsider seriously, so i am hoping she can
maybe make a difference for good.....
Back to top Go down
stephen Podliska
stephen Podliska

Number of posts : 596
Humor : YES and then some!
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:06 am

MORE AND MORE DOMINOS....... ARE FALLING IN THE DIRECTION 4...
. MORE BENEFICIAL COLLECTIVE HARMONEY!!!!!!

... & ALSO... very glad to see Dr. Weiss connecting with such POWERFUL/INFLUENCIAL CONNECTED people!!!

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! I TOO SEE MORE AND MORE OF THE WETHIEST ALSO JUMPING ON BOARD TO SUCH POSITIVE ENDEVOURS!!!!!

... (I believe).. AS MORE OF THE COLLECTIVE BELIEVES "the COLLECTIVE IMPROVEMENT of human-KIND" is a FUN and EXCITING PLACE TO FOCUS OUR COLLECTIVE ATTENTION.....

.... THIS IS GOING TO BE THE WORLD WIDE FOCUS... AND THERE WILL BE "ENOUGH" MONEY TO SO ASSIST IN THESE MATTERS AS..... MORE AND MORE OF THE WELTHIEST SEE THE BENEFITS OF JUMPING IN TO PLAY THIS WONDERFUL NEW SELF IMPROVEMENT GAME!!

Thanks again for the WONDERFUL UPLIFTING NEWS!!

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!! rockin

:)
Back to top Go down
pilgrim

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Oh joy! She has to wait for the publicity and then do something! watchingb
Yep!..typical philanthrophist...give 'em government recognition, tax deductions
Hmm!.. where was she before this when the palestinian people were crying out for
human rights...not hand outs!
I mean.., it's not as though it's a new "problem" or " disaster".
Am I being cynical in thinking it's a propaganda ploy?
Oh dear! I hope I'm just as wrong as I was about Obama., I mean.,He's working
from the inside as well..., he just doesn't want anybody to know! Shhh!
Oh.., I'm so confused! sadb scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future   Israel's Wealthiest Woman Says She Can See the Future Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1