the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is disturbing

Go down 
+2
Biggles
Lightning222
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:15 pm

I just read at PA that Moderator status was given to some Whistleblowers and they were able to alter posts and information on the forum. Does anyone know if this is true? WTH were they thinking?????
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:47 pm

Mmmmh, if that's true then they weren't thinking at all. Correct me if I am wrong here guys because I am not 100% sure but I did not think altering member's posts was one of the role's of a mod. This sounds very sus if it is happening.
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:55 pm

I'm not sure but the impression I got is they were altering their own posts and deleting some threads. Again, I don't know if this is true but it's what was posted.
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some
Registration date : 2009-01-26

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:03 pm

Well there has been quite a stink over the postings on the interview of one of their whistleblowers that I thought were "way out of line"

Certain people got carried away with their insulting remarks. I know that Karen just chatted with Kerry over these postings and Kerry said she had no idea about what it was all about although it was targeted at Kerry.

I personally had no ideas that moderator would actually go in and changed remarks, but its pretty inmarture thats for sure.

I am not sure I want to keep a membership there. Its getting way out of line

I do think that some of the remarks I read against Whistleblowers were totally uncalled for. The remarks made me feel unconfortable and I have a big mouth LOL
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Yes at one time the whistleblowers had mod status one however got a little carried away and started to delete things and not just his own so they took that status away from them if you were to look at the section they are in it would be pretty easy to figure out who it was. Now there is only one left over there and he does not post at all unless it is thru a sock puppet
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:00 pm

When I joined over at PA things were uncomfortable, lots of drama, but I perservered and decided to stay anyway. I recently left and did so because I didn't like the things I saw and sensed it went way deeper than even I could imagine. When I get that gut feeling that something is wrong I go with it. I'm not saying I even know what is going on or who is doing it but something is rotten in Denmark.
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:06 pm

you are not alone L222 many sense it and have gone
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:37 am

Some of the whistleblowers in the early days were moderators - madness. That was before I was recruited as moderator.

Then very soon after they had their wings clipped and allowed only to change what was in their own forum - that they could do this was clearly explained. So if you posted in their space you could be edited by them (or deleted)

One of the changes I instituted was the removal of the ability to hard delete - that way there was (and still is) an audit trail of all edits.

They all buggered off though in the end - they were always on the receiving end of the inquisition and none of them had really thought it all through.

A..
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 9:12 am

Maybe it's me but that's just INSANE!
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:23 pm

We just need to be thankful that we are hearing about this deception going on. Anyone who edit things on posts that aren't theirs to suit their agenda is not on our side.
If your instincts tell you that something is very wrong, then it is.
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:49 am

Yup.

Recently a number of the moderators at PA all got "huffy" by what was going on at the PA conferences. They quit, it looks like some of them deleted more than their own messages when they left. Not nice.

A..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

This is disturbing Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is disturbing   This is disturbing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is disturbing
Page 1 of 1