the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

memory lane for me / new for you?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

memory lane for me / new for you? Empty
PostSubject: memory lane for me / new for you?   memory lane for me / new for you? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 4:13 pm

Leo Buscaglia

i listened to him almost 40 yrs ago

maybe just one of you will enjoy now as much as i did then,
and still do, having re-listened today...

(not embedded, not yahoo or google)

Dr. Leo Buscaglia Speaking of Love

http://thelastoutpost.com/video-3/leobuscagliaonlove/132-leo-buscaglia-on-love.html

from intro: When Dr. Leo Felice Buscaglia (1924-1998) was interviewed by the Dean of
Education at the University of Southern California (USC) in 1967, he was asked
about his five-year career plan. He responded by stating that he wanted to teach
a class in love. By 1969, in response to the tragic loss of one of his students
to suicide, Dr. Buscaglia followed through on his dream of “teaching” the first
college class on love.
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: memory lane for me / new for you?   memory lane for me / new for you? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 5:57 am

40 years ...... You wouldn`t have been a rebellious teenager about then!

hehe

lol!
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: memory lane for me / new for you?   memory lane for me / new for you? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 10:30 am

but did you listen to buscaglia?
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: memory lane for me / new for you?   memory lane for me / new for you? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanks for the link WH.
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: memory lane for me / new for you?   memory lane for me / new for you? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:27 pm

I never heard of him but I took your advice and listened to him.

Thank you , I loved him. What a refreshing end of my day.

He had me laughing with his cleverness. What a powerful man to come out and teach about LOVE

why didnt I have teachers like him?

thanks again WH
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: memory lane for me / new for you?   memory lane for me / new for you? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:40 pm

aw, mn, someone actually LISTENED..... yippeeeeeeee
and thank you for taking the time - he was way ahead of his time
with university classes on LOVE
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: memory lane for me / new for you?   memory lane for me / new for you? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:05 pm

Yes and I really liked it too what an inspirational man. He got me right away cracking up. I even woke my husband up LOL

oops

He certainly was way ahead of his time. I loved him
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!

PostSubject: Re: memory lane for me / new for you?   memory lane for me / new for you? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 1:08 pm

WineHippie, last night I had a dream and was told to only think positive and to stop
worrying about the evil that surrounds us.

Then I saw this thread and you know, sweet daughter WH, I remember meeting Leo Buscaglia and taking a picture with him after he signed my book during a conference I attended back in the 80's.
He was so kind and hugged me and I felt the love he had inside of him.
I went to many conferences for my business and listened to lots of motivational speakers like Zig Ziglar, Robbins, Leo and others and it always made my spirit soar.

Leo was a beautiful soul and the real deal.
Here are some of his quotes that I was led to today.

Suddenly I am feeling so much better and plan to handle anything that happens because I am
the only one that can create my own reality. I hope these quotes will also make all of you feel better too!
Love TO ALL of you.group-hug

Happiness:
Don't hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love.

Attitude:
Don't spend your precious time asking "Why isn't the world a better place?" It will only be time wasted. The question to ask is "How can I make it better?" To that there is an answer.

Love:
Only when we give joyfully, without hesitation or thought of gain, can we truly know what love means.

Ability:
Our talents are the gift that God gives to us... What we make of our talents is our gift back to God.

Happiness:
Relish love in your old age! Aged love is like aged wine; it becomes more satisfying, more refreshing, more valuable, more appreciated and more intoxicating!

Business:
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Choice:
What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life.

Courage:
Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.

Ability:
Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.

**We all need each other

**There are two big forces at work, external and internal. We have very little control over external forces such as tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, disasters, illness and pain. What really matters is the internal force. How do I respond to those disasters? Over that I have complete control.

**Change is the end result of all true learning. Change involves three things: First, a dissatisfaction with self -- a felt void or need; second, a decision to change to fill the void or need; and third, a conscious dedication to the process of growth and change -- the willful act of making the change, doing something.

**We are no longer puppets being manipulated by outside powerful forces: we become the powerful force ourselves.

**I believe that you control your destiny, that you can be what you want to be. You can also stop and say, No, I won't do it, I won't behave his way anymore. I'm lonely and I need people around me, maybe I have to change my methods of behaving and then you do it

**If we wish to free ourselves from enslavement, we must choose freedom and the responsibility this entails

**Life is uncharted territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time.

**Don't smother each other. No one can grow in the shade.

**Love can never grow old. Locks may lose their brown and gold. Cheeks may fade and hollow grow. But the hearts that love will know, never winter's frost and chill, summer's warmth is in them still.

**Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.

**Each of our acts makes a statement as to our purpose.

**The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.

**Time has no meaning in itself unless we choose to give it significance.

**A wonderful realization will be the day you realize that you are unique in all the world. There is nothing that is an accident. You are a special combination for a purpose-and don't let them tell you otherwise, even if they tell you that purpose is an illusion. (Live an illusion if you have to). You are that combination so that you can do what is essential for you to do. Don't ever believe that you have nothing to contribute. The world is an incredible unfulfilled tapestry. And only you can fulfill that tiny space that is yours.

**If I don't have wisdom, I can teach you only ignorance.

**A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world.

**Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love.

**Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.

**Love always creates, it never destroys. In this lie's man's only promise.

**What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity.

**Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself.

**Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.

WE MUST REMEMBER ALL THESE IMPORTANT THINGS AND CHASE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS AWAY.
LIFE IS A GIFT THAT WE MUST CHERISH...SO LET'S PARTY!
letz party
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: memory lane for me / new for you?   memory lane for me / new for you? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:57 pm

aw, linda, a wonderful and inspiring collection of
thoughts.... every word rings true! this is the one
that JUMPS out at me most, the one i need to remember,
the thing i must remind myself to practice:

"Attitude:
Don't spend your precious time asking "Why isn't the world a better place?" It will only be time wasted. The question to ask is "How can I make it better?" To that there is an answer."

thank you for these, i enjoy knowing that YOU en~joy~ed too!
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!

PostSubject: Re: memory lane for me / new for you?   memory lane for me / new for you? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:24 pm

Yes, we need to remind ourselves of what we are capable of and then make any changes if necessary.
I plan to start my day with positive thoughts to keep my vibration up and help me stay on the right path.
LOVE is always the answer. toast
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: memory lane for me / new for you?   memory lane for me / new for you? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

memory lane for me / new for you?
Page 1 of 1