the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

US rep supports Palestinian evictions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

US rep supports Palestinian evictions Empty
PostSubject: US rep supports Palestinian evictions   US rep supports Palestinian evictions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:23 am

INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS -- CANTOR-LED DELEGATION UNDERMINES U.S. POLICY ON SETTLEMENTS:

"Last Sunday, Israeli authorities evicted two Palestinian families from their East Jerusalem homes so Jewish settlers could move in. The U.S and the U.N strongly condemned
the evictions. But House Minority Whip Eric Cantor (R-VA), traveling
with a large group of GOP congressmen visiting the region this week, undermined official U.S policy by not only offering his support for the expansion of Israeli settlements, but also by specifically supporting the evictions of the Palestinian families from their homes. "I don't think we, in America, would want another country telling us how to implement and execute our laws," Cantor said. The evictions are a continuation of Israel's settlement expansion policies, which not only the U.N. and U.S. condemn, but Israel committed to freezing in 2003 under President Bush's Road Map for peace. The Obama administration has made clear that it expects Israel to stick to its commitments, which include stopping the expansion into East Jerusalem. Despite the right-wing criticism, opposition to Israeli settlement expansion has been official U.S. policy since 1967.
The Wonk Room's Matt Duss writes of Cantor's rejection of U.S policy:
"Maybe it's too much to ask Cantor and his colleagues to recognize the
injustice and indecency of Israeli policy toward Jerusalem's non-Jewish residents. But it shouldn't be too much to expect them not to go abroad and provide cover for it."
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: US rep supports Palestinian evictions   US rep supports Palestinian evictions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:08 am

Good article sister.
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: US rep supports Palestinian evictions   US rep supports Palestinian evictions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 11:18 am

Interesting story. I found myself going back and checking the date you put this on here. A positive step in the right direction on Obama's part.

Thanks for sharing this.......Its refreshing
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: US rep supports Palestinian evictions   US rep supports Palestinian evictions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 12:36 pm

This is well worth listening to on this topic ;-)

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/latenightlive/stories/2009/2648169.htm\
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: US rep supports Palestinian evictions   US rep supports Palestinian evictions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 7:45 pm

ty, soma, i listened and then went to Antony Loewensteins's site
and plucked this, after reading for awhile, pertaining specifically
to this eviction incident:

"Larry Derfner in the Jerusalem Post:

If the Obama administration goes all the way in its demand for a total settlement freeze, if it stands firm against Israeli emotional blackmail, we may have this week’s debacle in Sheikh Jarrah to thank.

The eviction of two Palestinian families from their homes in Arab east Jerusalem where they’d lived for over 50 years, and the takeover of the houses by Israeli zealots intent on “re-Judaizing” the neighborhood, revealed our settlement policy in all its glory. It reminded everyone that the issue isn’t houses and zoning, it’s justice and decency – or, rather, injustice and indecency.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton denounced the evictions as “provocative” and a violation of Israeli commitments. In Washington, the State Department called in our ambassador to make the point in person. The Brits, the Swedes, the UN, everybody’s up in arms over the spectacle of hundreds of Israeli cops going into an Arab neighborhood of Jerusalem, tossing two Palestinian extended families into the street and protecting the Jewish nutters moving in.

This is what’s known as a wake-up call. And it didn’t come a moment too soon."

ok, Mr Loewenstein is now one of my new heroes...
ty again
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: US rep supports Palestinian evictions   US rep supports Palestinian evictions Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Hey I am so glad you enjoyed it WH :)

That particular program on ABC I listen to now is not so much conspiracy as per se and i think the presenter is a bit of a pompus prick at times but he has very interesting people on his show.

I work with one guy that was over the moon about hearing Anthony as this guy is raving about the Jews at any chance and he loves to hear Anthony as Anthony is a Jew with a Humane aspect. Funny old world thats for sure matey.

For my aussie mates here and our new one just stamped in!!! I highly recommend to listen to this show. You won't hear anything about Stargates or such sadly but what you will hear from time to time is Barristers stating that the war in Iraq is illegal... and thats a good thing:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US rep supports Palestinian evictions   US rep supports Palestinian evictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

US rep supports Palestinian evictions
Page 1 of 1