the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what's growing now

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

what's growing now Empty
PostSubject: what's growing now   what's growing now Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:15 pm

had to go take a pic of wht is blooming now...
this is my flower mound that hubby said nothing would grow on..hahahahahah

what's growing now Hpim8612

what's growing now Hpim8613
the tiny daisy like flower is camomile, the tall blue and pink are larkspur, the yellow ones are rudbeckia, the hot pink is pink campion
the green balls with the spikes are nigella going to seed, the dried out ones are sweet williams.varigated already in seed
and there is dill and poppies, day lillies, bee balm, orange cosmos just coming, shasta daisies, basil, thyme, sage and a bunch of others all mixed in

what's growing now Hpim8614
fragrant lavendar wher you have to brush up against it

seriously..if any one wants seeds..pm me...
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

what's growing now Empty
PostSubject: Re: what's growing now   what's growing now Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:28 pm

I'm going to send you a PM
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

what's growing now Empty
PostSubject: Re: what's growing now   what's growing now Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:41 pm

Your garden is beautiful. In our area there is group that goes on little tours around and looks at other peoples gardens / flowers. (Garden tours) Do they have that in Pa?

Gardens take a lot of work but they are so relaxing and beautiful to look at. Good work Sky!
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

what's growing now Empty
PostSubject: Re: what's growing now   what's growing now Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 8:41 pm

flower

yes we do have garden tours ..ususally for big bucks put on by a garden club trying to raise money or Philps conservatory in pgh..
and they are manacured to the n' degree..real magazine places..

you will laugh when i tell you how this one started

hubby lets road guys and anyone with dirt and rocks to dump ..dump down by the barn so he has something to play with -with his backhoe
well one day this contractor with a one ton wanted to dump some nice dirt..hubby says how many loads do you have and the guy says around 5..pretty nice stuff
so hubby says..would you mind driving around the back of the house and dumping it back there..
the guys says no problem
..there are 5 springs up the field slightly elevated above the house and when we get hard rains it looks like the house will float..soo hubby has this idea to make a tiny little bump and plant grass..enough to stop the water but that you could drive the lawn mower over

52 loads later..you could not see the back yard..hahahahahah sure wouldn't want that guy to count anything for me

well after the waiting period..don't forget now..hubby is a first class procrastinator..has awards for it and everything..well he would if he ever went to the meetings and picked them up..but he keeps putting it off..sigh

anyway..he finally gets the backhoe and starts to move this dirt..we discuss the management of this dirt and just how it should be piled up..eventually... it is about 200 plus feet long and about 30/36 inches high
and had more rocks and clay than anything...
i always wanted to plant on a hill...so i was gleefull and moved some plants and being the seed collector that i am ...started to toss out seeds..if you do it right before the rain..mother nature does the hard part..
and what grows..grows and what doesn't feeds something..

so whenever i feel gloomy i just go walk around my wall of dirt that is now my wall of flowers...
i'll find the orginal pic ..you'll laugh

i could never belong to any garden tours cause i like the jungle jumble look with everything tossed together..the garden tours are very manicured..but not my lazy style of gardening..
but i am sooooooooo thrilled to share and so glad you enjoy it

hugv hugv group-hug
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

what's growing now Empty
PostSubject: Re: what's growing now   what's growing now Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 4:54 pm

flower
in the beginning 5-11-07

what's growing now Hpim1411

then 6-30-07
what's growing now Hpim2313

finally 7-23-07

10-16-07..a few plant and lots of rocks to be moved

what's growing now Hpim3810

6-4-09 yeah..year two of flowers
what's growing now Hpim8213

and today..this afternoon 7-10-09
what's growing now Hpim8615

Last edited by sky otter on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

what's growing now Empty
PostSubject: Re: what's growing now   what's growing now Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 5:50 pm

That story cracked me up and look how you reversed the situation and turned it into a beautiful wall of flowers clap
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

what's growing now Empty
PostSubject: Re: what's growing now   what's growing now Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:44 am

flower

i'm glad you got a chuckle out of it...
every happening no matter how awful in the beginning
can be turned into a 'good' story later..
there is always a silver lining
you just have to look
sometimes harder than others

but this one was easy..more place to put flowers. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what's growing now Empty
PostSubject: Re: what's growing now   what's growing now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what's growing now
Page 1 of 1